• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bitcoin anyone? Crypto?

OK, I am an older retired guy that mostly owns blue-chip stocks from years of saving my money. I have got back my original investment in dividends. I am investing at no cost today.

I see Bitcoin is $36,740.49. Do you trade this at this price on the Coin Base Global exchange? Is there a bid and ask price?

I also see the high at $65K 5 weeks ago. Do you hedge your investment with collars? Can you use options to lower your money risk?

Can you use margin to increase your investment?

Do you know where your bitcioin is stored? Can you safely exit your position at current bid positions in a falling sell price?

I am clueless as you can see. Please explain this stuff.

Bitcoin, as well as any of the other cryptocurrencies, can be purchased in increments down to a few dollars worth (or pennies for the lower priced ones). Once you open an account at Coinbase or any of the other exchanges, you either fund your account with fiat currency, or link the account to any of your traditional accounts that hold currency. Then you can purchase crypto, as much or as little as you want. The price you pay is the current stated price on that particular exchange. Some I've noticed are slightly higher than others, I guess it's part of how they make $. Storing it can be done on the exchange, which is not the safest way. Best way is to purchase a wallet, and transfer your crypto to your hard wallet. That way nobody can hack into anything and "creatively liberate" your crypto. Ledger has a good wallet, the Nano X.

Dude,
Nanox Imaging LTD (Israel). Nanox Imaging PLC (GB) and Nanox Japan Inc are a single entity (incorporated in several places) in the digital radiography field. They claim to have developed a digital X-ray source involving a cold cathode 'Spindt Array' enabling simpler, cheaper X-ray systems e.g. for radiography and tomography under CEO Ran Poliakine.

So, you trust a Japanese firm to hold your Bitcoin in Israel?

Dude,
Nanox Imaging LTD (Israel). Nanox Imaging PLC (GB) and Nanox Japan Inc are a single entity (incorporated in several places) in the digital radiography field. They claim to have developed a digital X-ray source involving a cold cathode 'Spindt Array' enabling simpler, cheaper X-ray systems e.g. for radiography and tomography under CEO Ran Poliakine.

So, you trust a Japanese firm to hold your Bitcoin in Israel?

A Ledger Nano X.

https://shop.ledger.com/products/ledger-nano-x

I see Bitcoin is $36,740.49. Do you trade this at this price on the Coin Base Global exchange? Is there a bid and ask price?

Yes to both questions. You can make a market order at the current trading price or you can make a limit order for whatever your price you set, buy or sell. You will need to use Coinbase Pro for these options. Coinbase only has market orders thus higher fees. A lot of the other exchanges allow limit orders as well such as Binance.us, Kraken, Kucoin, and Voyager.

I also see the high at $65K 5 weeks ago. Do you hedge your investment with collars? Can you use options to lower your money risk?

See response below.

Your options are more limited on the above. Being Americans we are locked out from doing these things on a lot of the platforms/exchanges. It might be available on Kraken. ByBit is another platform catered to option trading and using leverage.

Do you know where your bitcioin is stored? Can you safely exit your position at current bid positions in a falling sell price?

There should be the ability to set a stop-loss on the platforms that allow options trading and using leverage.

I am clueless as you can see. Please explain this stuff.

HTH

From above with Outlier:

Yes to both questions. You can make a market order at the current trading price or you can make a limit order for whatever your price you set, buy or sell. You will need to use Coinbase Pro for these options.

Your options are more limited on the above.

There should be the ability to set a stop-loss on the platforms that allow options trading and using leverage.
------
The should be is not good enough. You guys are gambling on something that is unknown to you or anyone else. I hope you make millions of dollars.

It's not for me. It seems like a hustle, scam, or a Ponzi scheme.

There should be is not good enough. You guys are gambling on something that is unknown to you or anyone else. I hope you make millions of dollars.

It's not for me. It seems like a hustle, scam, or a Ponzi scheme.

I do not use margin or option calls so I am not fully versed on that aspect. I was just relaying what little bit of understanding I had. I should have stated that previously. My apologies.

Back
Top Bottom