• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bitcoin anyone? Crypto?

true, i feel much the same but the reality is alot of people make money in this (and alot lose it)

i think its worthwhile to pursue if you have extra investment cash on hand or if you are good at following trends in the market plus news. to me its like sports betting; i dont know nearly enough to **** with it
When the monetary system finally avalanches (it is in a state of collapse right now) this poem has relevance:

With gold and silver, you have a prayer
With US fiat, nothing but air.

As for Crypto:

Bitcoin is dead. Very dead. The fact that it's being discussed here is proof of that. (No offense guys, but the adage "if you're not in the industry and you've heard of it, it's mainstream.")

If you honestly really truely want to get into crypto, start small. There are a few coins that are well under a dollar a unit that you could buy with some pocket money(~20 bucks), and just stash. If nothing becomes of it, who cares, if it does have a rise, nice. Sell when you're comfortable and for Gods sakes do not get greedy.

There is a very good reason greed is considered an original sin. It is the downfall of man. It will bite you in the ass. Enough people got bit (Pun not intended) by bitconnect and by thinking that they could hop in on the bitcoin wave only to lose half their money. If it sounds too good to be true, it 100% is. A small profit is better than a huge loss. Pay attention, but don't react violently to every market move.

Basically, it's gambling. Spend what you can afford. Consider the money gone after you put it out in the market.

As for Crypto:

Bitcoin is dead. Very dead. The fact that it's being discussed here is proof of that. (No offense guys, but the adage "if you're not in the industry and you've heard of it, it's mainstream.")

If you honestly really truely want to get into crypto, start small. There are a few coins that are well under a dollar a unit that you could buy with some pocket money(~20 bucks), and just stash. If nothing becomes of it, who cares, if it does have a rise, nice. Sell when you're comfortable and for Gods sakes do not get greedy.

There is a very good reason greed is considered an original sin. It is the downfall of man. It will bite you in the ass. Enough people got bit (Pun not intended) by bitconnect and by thinking that they could hop in on the bitcoin wave only to lose half their money. If it sounds too good to be true, it 100% is. A small profit is better than a huge loss. Pay attention, but don't react violently to every market move.

Basically, it's gambling. Spend what you can afford. Consider the money gone after you put it out in the market.
Where did you get your information that Bitcoin is dead? I agree that it's definitely mainstream and that it's as risky as gambling. But as of this post, Bitcoin is trading at $10500ish per Bitcoin. That's hardly what I would consider dead. Yes it has fluctuated and dropped significantly a few times over the years but it's still making moves.

Where did you get your information that Bitcoin is dead? I agree that it's definitely mainstream and that it's as risky as gambling. But as of this post, Bitcoin is trading at $10500ish per Bitcoin. That's hardly what I would consider dead. Yes it has fluctuated and dropped significantly a few times over the years but it's still making moves.
Yup

Not dead; maybe not a good thing to get now but it could go higher

What i dont get....(and i am older so, that dosent mean nothin,lol.)
What i dont get is who gets the actual cash you would pay for this ‘crypto’ and how would one cash out of it if you wanted to?

Also, if Bitcoin is 10,500 per.....does that mean you have to pay $10,500usd for one Bitcoin ? (Just using as example , since it was discussed as a post)

What i dont get....(and i am older so, that dosent mean nothin,lol.)
What i dont get is who gets the actual cash you would pay for this ‘crypto’ and how would one cash out of it if you wanted to?

Also, if Bitcoin is 10,500 per.....does that mean you have to pay $10,500usd for one Bitcoin ? (Just using as example , since it was discussed as a post)
Usually a broker gets the cash. And when you're ready to cash out, you sell your crypto currency back to the brokerage. Similar to stocks. There are quite a few crypto brokers that operate like that. And yes, you read that right, $10500 USD for a single bitcoin right now. It fluctuates a lot too. It can be up to $12k per bitcoin tomorrow, then back down to $9k in a day. Very volatile and risky. At one point it peaked at around $19891 before plummeting back down to under $4k. Lot's of people lost their asses on that, but it's been steady around $10-12k recently.

Usually a broker gets the cash. And when you're ready to cash out, you sell your crypto currency back to the brokerage. Similar to stocks. There are quite a few crypto brokers that operate like that. And yes, you read that right, $10500 USD for a single bitcoin right now. It fluctuates a lot too. It can be up to $12k per bitcoin tomorrow, then back down to $9k in a day. Very volatile and risky. At one point it peaked at around $19891 before plummeting back down to under $4k. Lot's of people lost their asses on that, but it's been steady around $10-12k recently.

But you could buy $20 or $100 worth ?

Back
Top Bottom