• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Birth year guns - Do you look for them?

JWC

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
154   0
Reaction score
Is finding a birth year rifle, pistol, revolver, etc, important? To me, yes. I searched for a specific S&W revolver made in my birth year for years and years. Came close to the year a couple of times, but just could not find the S&W I wanted.

I am a Marlin fan also, and I had been looking for a Marlin 39a Peanut. Why you may ask, because it was only made one year, my birth year. I found one about 9 months ago, but I did not pull the trigger quick enough and it sold. Then low and behold, one came up on ODT. A little more than I wanted to pay, but I was not about to let this one get away from me. So, I paid more than I wanted to pay, but I have it.

Just asking how you guys feel about searching for a birth year gun. If you have found one, what is it and if you haven't found it, what are you looking to find.

Marlin 39a Peanut (Made in 1951 only)

Marlin Peanut 1.jpg

It is nick named the "peanut" because of this peanut shaped brass insert

Marlin Peanut 2.jpg

The best i can say is i have a Henry Big Boy in the .41magnum made with my name and dob as the serial number.
My ole lady had it made a few years back.
There are a couple of them i would like to have in my birth year. But so far....none in the collection

Have not really sought one birth date for sentimental reasons, but more for practicality, I.e. was the Mini 14 made before or after compatibility with both .223 and 5.56, was the Winchester 94 made in the good old days or when quality suffered some. Was the firearm produced before or after factory recall. I might have sought birthyear manufacturing, but I am not really into black powder muskets!

Back
Top Bottom