• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Biggest and Most Common Blunders Made by Preppers

It sounds like your kids mean everything to you. I think you are typical in that respect.

I imagine you would do just about anything to protect them, feed them, and prevent their suffering.

That is the reason good people will do bad things if SHTF. If a father/husband is seeing his family in tears starving to death what wouldn't he be willing to do to feed them - Breaking and entering, stealing, assault, even murder. The death of a stranger or acquaintance compared to the death of your kid or wife is an easy decision for most.
sure, and I'm stocking up on skills, gear, food, and training so I'm not stuck as one of the useless suburbanites if stuff gets bad.

Biggest blunder is buying your favorite foods and snacks as "survival food" and then "rotating" them into your belly just weeks later, instead of near the end of their shelf life years from now.
Don't ask me how I know this.

1636950852869.png

P.S. Pic's not me, but it gives you the general idea.

I will start it off:

1) Not getting on-going health issues resolved. For instance, I have a tooth that has started hurting about a week ago, and I have yet to get a dental appointment. To most this is not a big deal. After all if it starts being too bothersome, I can get to the dentist then.

BUT, what if a long term SHTF suddenly happened? I would be in a very bad situation with the situation getting worse over time and the options not too great.
I’m 100% with you on the teeth problems. I just had some pulled a couple weeks back. I’m thinking about at this time to just get them all pulled. Cause all my teeth are broken are have low gum lines, it runs in my family. I refused to take any medication for anything I’ll set in the corner balled up in pain before I take a pill of any sort. So I just get mine pulled half of all my lower teeth have been pulled, now I’m working on the top.

If you have enough land and enough folks to keep it guarded that won’t matter. For example there are plenty of private game management areas in the state they have better quality deer than the surrounding properties because they have better management practices. Whoever owns these would have a great shot at surviving off of that land IF they had the numbers to keep it secure. Even 100 acres of prime habitat owned by some average Joe if not hunted in over abundance could be sufficient in keeping a group of 10 people maybe more fed. There’s roughly 1.25 million deer in Georgia with the majority of that population on the southern and central agricultural land. The mountains have relatively few deer compared to the south every hunter knows that so yes “heading for the hills” so to speak probably would just end in starvation… UNLESS you had prime habitat up there that you’ve been taken care of then the same rules apply.
How will you preserve the meat. You can't eat it all before it spoils if no power.

Back
Top Bottom