• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Biggest and Most Common Blunders Made by Preppers

About 30 years ago my father in law got tired of fillings falling out of his teeth and teeth breaking. He found a discount dental office that only did dentures. He went to his old dentist to have his old teeth extracted, but walked out when he found it was going to be $75 for each tooth that was extracted. He went out into his shop that evening, sat in a recliner, and with the help from a mirror and a set of Robo Grips extracted all of his teeth. The next day when I found out what he had done I asked him how bad it hurt. He said, “it didn’t hurt $75 a tooth worth”. He was a lot tougher than I am.
Tough old rascal!

About 30 years ago my father in law got tired of fillings falling out of his teeth and teeth breaking. He found a discount dental office that only did dentures. He went to his old dentist to have his old teeth extracted, but walked out when he found it was going to be $75 for each tooth that was extracted. He went out into his shop that evening, sat in a recliner, and with the help from a mirror and a set of Robo Grips extracted all of his teeth. The next day when I found out what he had done I asked him how bad it hurt. He said, “it didn’t hurt $75 a tooth worth”. He was a lot tougher than I am.
My Grandpa, who was a tough ol' sunuva gun, supposedly told the Dr. that gave him a pace maker, not to give him any pain, medications, because he was not going to get hooked on that ****.

I will start it off:

1) Not getting on-going health issues resolved. For instance, I have a tooth that has started hurting about a week ago, and I have yet to get a dental appointment. To most this is not a big deal. After all if it starts being too bothersome, I can get to the dentist then.

BUT, what if a long term SHTF suddenly happened? I would be in a very bad situation with the situation getting worse over time and the options not too great.
Forgetting that Soylent Green is people.

The biggest blunder I've ever seen by preppers is that many of them are so unhappy with their lives/wife/situations that they obsess over the end of the world and miss the greatest part of their lives due to their poor decision making. I have also seen this with religious types (nothing wrong with being religious) that are very obsessed with the end of the world. People are seemingly so ready to meet their maker, or to live in a post-apocalyptic world and have NO idea what that entails, no matter how many guns or how much food you have. That being said, I'm happy for the community here and preppers all over the world that have given some thought to the future.:hat:

Back
Top Bottom