• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

BIG LAZER RANGE

skipper49

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
164   0
Reaction score
I’ve been blessed for all my long life, being able to shoot in my back yard.
That luxury has come to an end, and I’m looking for an outdoor range.
Big Lazer WMA is about 40 minutes away, and I was wondering if any of you use it, and can give me any particulars. Range officer on site, restroom facilities, and any other info appreciated.
Not ready to quit, and just wanting to know if this is an option.
Thanks in advance.
Skip

Nice range, I go there often. Theres about 8-10 shooting benches with adjustable seats with a roof overhead. I think it's 120 yards to the bank. No range officer on site, it's a free for all more or less. You'll definitely see some idiots down there on a weekend when the weather is nice. I prefer to go on weekdays and usually I'm the only one there or maybe one or two others.

No bathroom facility at the range itself but about a mile down the gravel road there's facilities at the lake.

Really nice place I enjoy going there and the lake is nice for a picnic or fishing, the shooting benches are adjustable or left or right handed shooters, benches are rock solid, bring your own target stands, and hammer the dirt is red clay and hard, you park right behind the range so you can see your truck and know nobody is messing with it, but I have never seen anything like that. The range is covered also I like you will enjoy it

No, neighborhood changed.
I'm in the same boat, we've been shooting here almost 40 years but the encroachment of what they call "civilization" has brought and end to that.
The home range has been shut down and targets are getting rusty.
I've got to find someplace to shoot.

I'm just waiting on a bunch of ODT members to all throw in, buy 100 acres, and build a fantastic range. I'd happily invest in a property like that.
The only prob i see is location. We have so many great members that are so far apart on distance.
But yeah, im in for that. As long as i dont have to drive an hour to get there. Lol

Great idea but you'll need property that almost no one would want, in a location where nearby development is unlikely and establish yourself as a "shooting range" for a year so you'd be somewhat protected by the 2014 state law.

Moving dirt is expensive.

Back
Top Bottom