• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

(Beware) True spec sucks

Alantco makes Tru-Spec. They are right around the corner. Talk with them.

I found out a long time ago that if I alternate between two pairs of boots, it allows the boots to dry out between uses, and the salt doesn't build up on the seams like that. You might want to put your boots in front of the refrigerator at night. The motor will help dry them out. Lay them on the side with the opening facing the frig. Also, if you wear cotton socks, ditch them for wool (I'm serious, year round.) It will help keep your feet in better shape, and keep the boots dryer.

Your feet deserve better than Tru-spec. Buy something at least twice the cost/quality.

Yes, buy better boots. Those terrible.

I work for Atlanco, we do not service end users. The CSRs will just send you to the dealer.

If a business doesn't stand behind what they make, or care about the customer...

We have dealers to stand behind the product. That's what they are there for. Atlanco is a B2B company. We don't sell to the public and don't service end users because we have dealers. It's a very common business model and silly that you'd question it knowing there are authorized dealers in place to help him. They are instructed to handled situations like this. They communicate with the customer, handle the situation and the dealer deals with Atlanco for their part.

Good PC answer!

IF YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMER, YOU DON'T SEND THEM ON WILD GOOSE CHASES.

EXAMPLE: Does Glock turn problems back to their dealers?

Whatever. I don't even work in sales. I'm just telling the OP what his options are. Go back to the dealer, get them to do a return, they'll do a RMA to Atlanco. Everyone comes out fine. If he wants to call and complain then call. He'll get directed to go to the dealer he purchased them from for a solution.

They are cheaply made boots. Everyone in the LE, Fire, EMS ect... knows it. That's why they are cheap compared to most boots. You'd laugh if I told you what they cost to make. It's not a matter of standing behind the product, it's a matter of business protocol and not having the OP waste his time.

$60 for a pair of boots is CHEAP. Not saying they should fail in 5 months. But still, $60 ? You get what ya pay for sometimes.

I catch hell at work for spending on boots. I swear by Danner Boots. I wear mine every day to work the harsh concrete environment of the Atlanta International Airport ramp as an AMT for Delta.

Do you drive to the GM plant when your car is acting up too?

No, but if somebody has a problem with something I sell them, or make for them, I make it a priority to fix it, personally.
(Irony: I will not even rent a GM product due to past issues.)

I just read about some 5.11 boots lately that are supposed to be quick dry jungle type boots. Not sure if they make black, or if they have a track record yet. I think they were about $140.

Last edited:
I catch hell at work for spending on boots. I swear by Danner Boots. I wear mine every day to work the harsh concrete environment of the Atlanta International Airport ramp as an AMT for Delta.

:thumb:
I wear steel toe boots for work, and I also wear them on the weekends when I'm working at home or in my shop. I have bought cheap boots in the past but have learned to spend more and not worry about my boots/feet afterwards.

No, but if somebody has a problem with something I sell them, or make for them, I make it a priority to fix it, personally.
(Irony: I will not even rent a GM product due to past issues.)

And that is an awesome way to do business but I'm guessing you're not a multi million dollar international company. We have dealers all over the world. We equip some country's entire military and police forces. So while you handle your stuff personally we screen and allow dealers to handle that type of thing. It's just big business.

Back
Top Bottom