• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Beware Scammer Alert

Wrong. Sorry.

You CAN send a pistol to someone's home, if you are both residents of the same State, and the package is sent from within that State to Within that State. Same as a FTF Sale.

Now, you cannot MAIL a handgun, but its perfectly legal to send via UPS or Fedex. They have rules that say you cannot, but their rules are not laws.

A FFL is only required in Interstate Sales, but not Intrastate.

So it's legal, and you can do it.

Wrong. Sorry.

You CAN send a pistol to someone's home, if you are both residents of the same State, and the package is sent from within that State to Within that State. Same as a FTF Sale.

Now, you cannot MAIL a handgun, but its perfectly legal to send via UPS or Fedex. They have rules that say you cannot, but their rules are not laws.

A FFL is only required in Interstate Sales, but not Intrastate.

So it's legal, and you can do it.

May a nonlicensee ship a firearm through the U.S. Postal Service?

A nonlicensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another state. A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of their own state or to a licensee in any state.

The U.S. Postal Service recommends that long guns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms.

Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun.

[18 U.S.C. 1715, 922(a)(5) and 922 (a)(2)(A); 27 CFR 478.31]

Here ya go. Long gun is OK, handgun is not.

May a nonlicensee ship a firearm through the U.S. Postal Service?

A nonlicensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another state. A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of their own state or to a licensee in any state.

The U.S. Postal Service recommends that long guns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms.

Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun.

[18 U.S.C. 1715, 922(a)(5) and 922 (a)(2)(A); 27 CFR 478.31]

Here ya go. Long gun is OK, handgun is not.

See, this is the problem .... . a lot of people do not notice it says "mail". But ship and mail are not the same thing. You CAN ship a handgun, legally, without being a FFL. If its shipped to a location out of State, has to go to a FFL. Within your home State, to another Resident of your home State, at an address within that State, and the buyer is legal .... nothing in the Fed Codes that say you cannot do that.

See, this is the problem .... . a lot of people do not notice it says "mail". But ship and mail are not the same thing. You CAN ship a handgun, legally, without being a FFL. If its shipped to a location out of State, has to go to a FFL. Within your home State, to another Resident of your home State, at an address within that State, and the buyer is legal .... nothing in the Fed Codes that say you cannot do that.
Exactomundo

they can help you with ED too.
giphy (1).gif

I posted a WTB post. then they messaged me wanting me to send them my email and phone number to send me details. not happening not with a noobie. then they said they would mail it to my house. Glock 26 mailing to the house. not happening. then they said it was a gen 4 caliber. They was just trying to get my info and money. I can post more SS if need be
Hey. I’m getting ready to list a mint Glock 26 gen 4 with Tritium Night sights and 7 or 8 magazines! Look for it or feel free to PM me.
pastb

Gotcha. The language is very confusing. Even folks on Georgia Packing argue about it. I've always thought it meant you could only ship/mail long guns within state.

Back
Top Bottom