• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best zero turn 48-50 inch for a home owner

We've got an Ariens Zoom 54XL. Bought in 2016, I think. Kohler 26hp motor. Has about 100 hours on it to date. I bought that model specifically because I could get the upgraded HydroGear transmissions, which are usually the skimping point on the lower end models. It's been a good machine. Had problems with a leaky valve cover gasket, and the original battery was too small. Otherwise, it does what we need it to do, and does it fast. We got about an acre of grass to cut, and it does it in about an hour.

The Kawasaki motors have a great reputation. The Kohlers I've had have been good. I prefer them over Briggs.

Less than an acre, relatively flat.
You can do it with any of these really. If you take care of it, it’ll last for years. Doesn’t sound like you’re going to be running it hard. I like my Husqvarna, it has a connect on the deck to hook up a hose to wash the underside. Not sure if others do. Go and check them out and see which one “fits” you best.

Hustler Raptor with Kawasaki engine.
On my third year with the Kawasaki engine on 54". I buy the tune up kit after season is over and do the work myself. Has new spark plugs - gas filter- air filter- oil and filter very easy process. Change blades also. I have local ethonal free gas and all I run in it.

On my third year with the Kawasaki engine on 54". I buy the tune up kit after season is over and do the work myself. Has new spark plugs - gas filter- air filter- oil and filter very easy process. Change blades also. I have local ethonal free gas and all I run in it.
Yep, I have the 52” with 63hrs on it. Been awesome. Great mower.

I have the JD z540 m 48” with the Kawasaki. Been very happy with the cut and best starting/running mower I have owned. It’s also not so heavy that it leaves tire imprint running same way each time. Was a little more than 3500 though

Back
Top Bottom