• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Gone: Best steel case ammo? anybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roscoe1911

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
83   0
Reaction score
Item Name: Best steel case ammo

Zip Code: 30015

Item is for: Sale/Trade NOT SPECIFIED

Caliber: 7.62 , 556

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: which brand is the best?

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
You said you've never done any accuracy testing.
I never said that.
Wolf is plenty accurate when it is made by Barnaul. It is not accurate when made by Tula. But range safe Tula is accurate. Funny how it works..
With ammo prices high and supplies thin, it would be wise to learn more about imported ammo.

BS. I never said that.
Wolf is plenty accurate when it is made by Barnaul. It is not accurate when made by Tula. But range safe Tula is accurate. Funny how it works..
With ammo prices high and supplies thin, it would be wise to learn more about imported ammo.
Apologies, that was someone else. All I know is buy it whenever you see it on sale. I used to not be concerned about steel ammo much, but then there's this...

Specifically the 7.62x39 animal stuff can have different projectile diameters which will greatly affect accuracy. Ever observe (take Tula for example) that one box shoots different than the next out of the same gun? Chances are it is the bullet diameter. Some are .308 and others .310-.311. Most dies for this caliber come with a die part for reloading the corresponding projectile.

Thanks for all the info. This was very helpful.
So many choices though...what it boils down to is just trying a few listed....I would start with the ones listed by this group most often....then work from there.Your rifle is liable to do well with the odd ball.....You cant never tell until you try.....Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom