• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Plate Carrier System

Lots of small buckles and no cummerbund. Looks like it'd be really uncomfortable after a while.
How much is it?
What kind of use will it see?

I don't think I'd go with that for any price when you pick up condor stuff for $50-60 on fleabay.

The cummerbund is the elastic belt that connects the front and back plates around the sides. It may or may not have pockets for side plates.That listing does NOT include a plate carrier. That listing is just an upgrade kit for a mil issue plate carrier it has things like better shoulder pads replacement buckles, etc.

Well Gens, I've owned and mesed with a lot of plate carrers in my life. I would have to say Cry my far makes the highest quality and the highest price. now plate carriers and plates are just like firearms depending on the end users Application should determine the size and type of plate he would like to use. Pig London Bridge cry precision first spear are all great choices.

Excellent recommendations all around. Hard to go wrong with any of these:
Crye Precision
SKD Tactical PIG PC
London Bridge Trading 6904
Pretty much anything from First Spear
TYR Tactical

I also like the PCs from Velocity Systems
APC
Scarab Light
The Velocity Systems carriers are nice because they are scalable and the swift clip system allows you to clip in different configurations. You can run the carrier slick with a front Kangaroo pouch and nothing else OR you can clip in extra panels for different calibers and load outs. I've got a Scarab inbound and it should be here next week. I had been putting off setting up a plate carrier until I got a smoking deal on level IV ESAPI plates from TYR. I'll post pics up next week after I get the PC set up.

Tyr Tactical had Paraclete ESAPI plates for 177.76 for a pair at Memorial Day. That's an unbelievable price, considering that a single plate can normally cost twice that. I couldn't pass that up. The plate cost was the only reason I had not put together a PC already. I'm going to keep it fairly simple, with mags on the front and a small Source hydration pouch on the rear.

Sounds good but consider an IFAK. A combat belt is the way I'll alway go from now on. It takes some weight off your rig for better maneuverability.
I've got an ifak on my battle belt, along with 2x pistol mags, speed reload for the rifle and my handgun. I just don't want to load up the PC with weight.
images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_07_25_9ea61e88b01922be1ea7967d268c06df.jpg

Last edited:
This is a Scarab Light that I ordered in size large. It's a little too big, so a replacement size medium will be here early next week. This one will be up for sale very soon for a good price. The Scarab is a brand new design for Velocity and incorporated pretty much all of the features I wanted in a PC.

images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_07_25_1459827055ebaaf13b0bdc4f76665e9f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom