• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Plate Carrier System

I've been looking at the carriers @ AR500's website but they have iffy reviews. Some people I talk to say that mobility is more important than body armor. I'm kind of on the fence now...

mobility is great but a bullet is faster, the plates protect the vital areas that take you out of the fight for good, AR500 makes several versions of plate weight, I have a Heavy set at home and carry a lighter weight version in my vehicle, I'm 6'1" 200lbs and "70" years old and for an old guy move quite fast LOL even with the body armor on which only takes less than 3-4 seconds to throw over my head onto my shoulders and click the right side snap. You're welcome to try mine on, both types before you make a decision

Well Gens, I've owned and mesed with a lot of plate carrers in my life. I would have to say Cry my far makes the highest quality and the highest price. now plate carriers and plates are just like firearms depending on the end users Application should determine the size and type of plate he would like to use. Pig London Bridge cry precision first spear are all great choices.

This, I had an LBT, currently have a first spear, but am thinking about about getting a pig. The IOTV sucks big time I hated that thing.

I've been looking at the carriers @ AR500's website but they have iffy reviews. Some people I talk to say that mobility is more important than body armor. I'm kind of on the fence now...

They have huge claims and will show videos to you, However if you are able to locate a OTV, IOTV, Gen 1-3 or a KDH SPCS They are government tested ballistically!

Which brands make a model to sufficiently fit 3xl guys ?
How big are you? I'm 6'0" 285 muscular, but not lean and the Condor EXO fits nicely, but could accommodate a larger guy with some adjustment and it'll fit 11x14 ar500 plates. It's definitely not a cry/lbt/kdh etc, but it's pretty solid overall. I've tortured the crap out of mine and haven't had a problem. Pop the plates out, hang it on a fence and hit it with the hose when it need cleaning.

Now, I am thinking of getting something more like the Grey Ghost Gear minimalist. The price is good, and I wouldn't plan on spending 12-16 hours straight in plates, so maybe less is more.

Back
Top Bottom