• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Plate Carrier System

jrr888

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
240   0
Reaction score
So who has been there done that with AR500 Plate Carriers. There is so much info on the web it makes my head spin. Any recommendations on what has worked for you and what is just plain junk? I'm thinking buy once cry once on something that could save your life.

Either an aws inc plate carrier or a tag banshee. Both are of the highest quality. Neither will completely break the bank either. Aws gets a lot of contracts so that's what a lot of service members are wearing in speciality units. Tag banshee is approved by a lot of big LE departments for use. I've worn and used both and I can't complain about either one

Well Gens, I've owned and mesed with a lot of plate carrers in my life. I would have to say Cry my far makes the highest quality and the highest price. now plate carriers and plates are just like firearms depending on the end users Application should determine the size and type of plate he would like to use. Pig London Bridge cry precision first spear are all great choices.

As for 3xl not sure you may have to contact the manufacturer see how far they can be adjusted out from the extra larges. I do recommend though getting any plate carrier that can be customised and what I mean by that is you can put any type of mag pouches and are not permanently attached so that you may have a multifunction vest. And please whatever you do buy tackle mag pouches they will fit virtually any type of magazine whether it be pmag ak Fal. Great stuff.

I have three sets of AR500 plates, Condor carriers are OK, haven't had any issues with them and they support the weights of the plates with no problem, Wished I'd had them in Nam, that Flack Vest vaporized when that 122mm slammed into my azz

I've been looking at the carriers @ AR500's website but they have iffy reviews. Some people I talk to say that mobility is more important than body armor. I'm kind of on the fence now...

Back
Top Bottom