• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best place to find private seller vehicles?

I still like the AutoTrader kind of for the reason you stated, drill it down to low mileage individual cars, distance, etc.
Bought cars from out of state (a dealer) & had them shipped as well! :thumb:

I realize distance plays a large part of it but what does shipping a vehicle usually cost on average?

I've never used FB, I wouldn't know where to start looking for things, feeling very 20th century :(

I still like the AutoTrader kind of for the reason you stated, drill it down to low mileage individual cars, distance, etc.
Bought cars from out of state (a dealer) & had them shipped as well! :thumb:

DUDE!!!! That is Awesome!!! I could have bought a car with what I spent on those weekly:)
Motorcycle, Truck, Car weekly...:pound:

This is what mine looked like, I would cruise through it, right down the pages I wanted to go back and look at... circle & "STAR" the real winners. :)
I bought them even when I didn't have $350 to spend... :)
View attachment 2857682
Hell yeah, every redneck I knew had a couple of em in their bathroom....lol

I realize distance plays a large part of it but what does shipping a vehicle usually cost on average?
California to GA. was $1,500 I think (5 years ago) but I'm in Douglasville on the West side, so there is that... :)
Dealers that do it a lot (mine did) will try to load up a regular car hauler and make a run with several, even pick some up for the ride home, I wasn't that patient. lol

As much as it sucks, FB has swallowed the autotrader and the local classified news paper type adds. You can search by mileage, year, make, even distance. If you own an old Jeep or classic truck it's the only way to go to find parts reliably.

I'm in the market for another vehicle and I'm not really interested in dealing with a dealership and their antiquated buying process so I'm looking for private sellers. I've kept an eye on Autotrader but what are some other good places to look? Every where seems to have been commandeered by all the dealers and I don't do Facebook.
Try CARMAX in Kennesaw. I bought the best vehicle I ever owned there with no hassle. Lincoln LS SPORT. Drove it til I paid it off and gave it to my daughter for her 16th bday.

I bought a RAV4 off of Nextdoor, great deal! A family member couldn’t drive any mor, 52k for 5,000 les than the dealer, when I inspected it, it needed tires, my specialty, and only had cobwebs underneath it. Loved it till some jerk rear ended my wife while she was stopped at a light!!!!!L I paid 11k the insurance company gave me 17K
B5E8BA6B-F011-4D2A-BF51-B12FBCD71F84.jpeg
. Owned it less than 6 month, never got to use the heated seats

Back
Top Bottom