• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Outdoor Ranges in North GA

I'm a creekside member and they have kind of shifted a lot from previous years I've been a member for years and its enjoyable but it depends one what you want to do. Their pits are closed because they said that area was pretty much a lake at one point in the last year. so their steel range and multipurpose pit ranges are closed. Ive done a little run and gun on the pistol range there but if there are other shooters in the pistol range its pretty much a no go. The rifle ranges were previously covered but I think they are planning on moving the position of them. They are no longer creekside firing range they are creekside farms. they are a multi purpose venue so they will close the range for other events non shooting sport related. I may be looking for another range for more run&gun shooting drill based stuff. I get that plateau feeling after shooting off of a bench and rest at 100 yards. I can drive out the 10 and X-ring at 100 yards with iron sights all day and it gets old.

You can practice all the run &gun stuff you want in a few bays at Riverbend after you have taken their tactical rifle class and can shoot out to 600 yards... just sayin‍

It's probly not a bad place,but I've personally had a bad experience here. I had people flagging me COUNTLESS times(even after being yelled at about it),the RO was an asshat,and it was way too crowded. The problem with public ranges like this is you get people that generally have little to no experience handling firearms nor do they have any business in a public setting where they could accidentally harm other patrons

It's probly not a bad place,but I've personally had a bad experience here. I had people flagging me COUNTLESS times(even after being yelled at about it),the RO was an asshat,and it was way too crowded. The problem with public ranges like this is you get people that generally have little to no experience handling firearms nor do they have any business in a public setting where they could accidentally harm other patrons
Are you referring to Chestnut Mt. on Johns Mt. WMA? I`ve never seen an RO there. I use it sometimes weekday mornings and sometimes have it all to myself. I won`t go there late evenings or Sat. It`s closed Sun.

Back
Top Bottom