• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Outdoor Ranges in North GA

Pewpew

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
168   0
Reaction score
Looking to go shoot outside, preferably somewhere with at least a 100 yard range. Any thoughts? Seems most places that have this setup are private.

Not sure where you live but Bob’s in palmetto GA has outside rifle and pistol ranges. Rifle ranges are 200 yards i believe. Yearly membership is 175.

Riverbend gun club in Dawson County
Membership required
This place is awesome, but we are talking big money and time commitments...at least a minor lifestyle change. I've seen a lot of the grounds while running a 5k Run and Gun there and shot out to 600 yards (and hit that steel...after many tries lol), but OP seems to be looking for a public range. Pre-Corona non-members could shoot at events there, but not just use the range, definitely a place to check out if you like shooting matches (IDPA, cowboy action, 3 gun, etc).

I appreciate all the suggestions guys. I’m not opposed to getting a membership if the commute isnt too bad (I’m in the Canton area) and they don’t have a mile long waiting list, lol. I think Creekside may be the most accessible, and from what I’ve seen they have public hours too. I wish outdoor ranges were as available as the indoor. Seems like a public outdoor range in my neck of the woods would be a pretty financially lucrative venture.

I appreciate all the suggestions guys. I’m not opposed to getting a membership if the commute isnt too bad (I’m in the Canton area) and they don’t have a mile long waiting list, lol. I think Creekside may be the most accessible, and from what I’ve seen they have public hours too. I wish outdoor ranges were as available as the indoor. Seems like a public outdoor range in my neck of the woods would be a pretty financially lucrative venture.

With River Bend and Creekside pretty close by and the cost of flat land in Cherokee county it is doubtful to be lucrative.

Back
Top Bottom