• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Outboard? Poll added.

Best brand of 4 stroke outboard for salt water?

• Evinrude

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Honda

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Yamaha

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Suzuki

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Mercury

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters
Etec motors are 2 stroke engines. Pretty sure the G2s are as well. That being said, I have an Etec 90 and it has been great. The ten year warranty on it gives me peace of mind and I’ve been running the crap out of mine.

Lighter than other motors with it being a two stroke if it matters for your hull.

Honda is over rated imo, Mercury is solid, and I’ve heard of a lot of blown Yamaha power heads. If you must have a four stoke, Mercury.

Etec motors are 2 stroke engines. Pretty sure the G2s are as well. That being said, I have an Etec 90 and it has been great. The ten year warranty on it gives me peace of mind and I’ve been running the crap out of mine.

Lighter than other motors with it being a two stroke if it matters for your hull.

Honda is over rated imo, Mercury is solid, and I’ve heard of a lot of blown Yamaha power heads. If you must have a four stoke, Mercury.
Good info! Yeah, I want the quiet and lower RMP performance of a four stroke. Low RMP is much harder on a two stroke than a four and I do a lot of trolling... Even when I'm not on the internet.

Good info! Yeah, I want the quiet and lower RMP performance of a four stroke. Low RMP is much harder on a two stroke than a four and I do a lot of trolling... Even when I'm not on the internet.

I don’t believe this is tru. 2 cycle has better torque and at lower RPM, u need that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bear I think with today’s technology they all good.i think Yamaha has a 6 year warranty and mercury 3 I would go with longest warranty.

Back
Top Bottom