• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Mattress for Hot sleepers with back pain?

I to have back pain. I am 57 , 186 lbs. Cracked a vertebra diagonally back in 1986 at Rockingham, tore some muscles in a rock climbing accident in 1987, had 37 grns of 7.62 penetrate about an inch from a ricochet back in 1990 from a damn fine shooting Iraqi that took some special surgery to remove. So I know back pain. Work on stretching everyday and it helps.

Just as Miatadude Miatadude states, the stretching and whatnot will help with the pain. I too have been cursed with multiple injuries, surgeries, failed repairs, etc., The inversion tables help me the most, second is the narcotics….then sleeping (or not sleeping rather) comes into play….
I have trouble sleeping as well. I swap. I sleep in the best/biggest chair lazy boy makes . Then i have a really nice adjustable split King size bed that the ole lady loves - its ok for me. I just cant sleep flat or in one position for more than a couple hrs.
That and i have developed habits she hates….like the t.v. Or radio going all night, at a low rate.
Then there is Me talking in my sleep.
Usually it is some form of me bitching about real world incidents that i cant do anything about anymore. :rolleyes:
As far as temp control, i feel ya somewhat. I have a med that makes me break out in a sweat for about an hour. I have to take it at night, it causes drowsiness. The problem is once you doze off you start pouring sweat ! So i sleep almost nude and on a few beach towels with all kinds of fans.
After the effect passes, ya gotta get up, pull all the towels off, put a new one or two in place, turn most of the fans off or down, get a sheet to sleep under and try to sleep another couple hours. :Cry:

Good luck bevans bevans - I hope you find what you seek :cool-new:

Sleep Number for the win.
soft, med hard your choice, a push of the button, and this thing tells you how long ya slept the night, or week before, on yer cellphone.
best $1,000 I ever spent including over 1.5 Million(poor insurance folks) 3 back surgeries.

I've got a Sleep Number. I hate it, but my wife loves it. It's a split king and doesn't help with hot/cold, but the new ones with that sleep technology may be better. So they claim anyway. Regardless, for what you're going to pay for one of them, you can afford to buy yourself a new mattress every couple years when it starts getting lumpy. I think they may have the 100 day trial, so you can try that, but you're still putting up your money first. I also have a purple pillow. That I can say I really like, but it still doesn't help with sweating. It sure is comfortable though, so I'd suggest trying one of their toppers before you drop your money on a mattress. Understand though that the Purples will de-form to your contour eventually and flatten out some. If you really have a huge problem with sweating, they do have a mattress that blows cold air into it. It sounds like a good idea, but I have no idea if it works. Eventually you're probably going to end up getting used to it and living with it, unless you have a health problem, and you should talk to a Dr. first. Good luck.

I'm needing a new mattress. I' a hot sleeper and have lower back pain. Has anyone bought a Purple, Layla, Winkbed, Amerisleep, Casper, Nectar, etc... that they can recommend?

I'm 37, 6' 185lbs. I had covid back in 07/20 and it's left me with covid induced Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS). This basically means the electrical part of my heart doesn't know what to do and just the act of standing up can make my heart rate jump to over 200bpm w/ risk of passing out. While having the EKG my heart rate wouldn't stabilize, it constantly jumped around from 85-203, while laying down. I've got a tilt table test coming up in a couple of weeks. After that, I should be able to take meds to control my heart, hopefully.

Anyway, said that to say, this issue has caused me to start sweating bad and to just run hot all the time. So I'm looking for a new mattress that doesn't trap body heat and maybe even a mattress that has a cooling effect. Also, I have back lower back pain, (Pinched nerve/Sciatica). I tend to mess my back up a couple of times a year and have to get injections and a steroid pack and within about 2-3 weeks I'm good again. My insurance won't pay for an MRI yet, so still waiting to find out the fix for it. I recently messed my back up and the back pain and sweating have made it clear I need a new mattress. I'm also replacing the linens with either Percale cotton or real Linen as they are supposed to sleep the coolest and be the most breathable.

My current mattress is a Serta iHybrid (firm) and after 2 years has developed "divots" from where we sleep, its now 3 years old and has to go. My previous mattress was a Simmons Beautyrest Black (soft) that made it about 3-4 years before doing the exact same thing. I think I'm done with these traditional pillowtop mattresses.

I thought the mattresses I was buying were high quality. So, I'm now considering buying 1 more "Nice" mattress to see if it helps and if it doesn't make it longer than a few years then I think I'm going to just buy cheap mattresses and plan to replace them every year or 2.

TLDR: Need a new mattress for a hot sleeper with back pain, that's a combo sleeper. Would like it to sleep cool, hopefully, relieve some back pain, and last 5-10 years. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks.
Try Casper mattress. Not hot and firm.

Back
Top Bottom