• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best GoPro for hunting trips?

Trex33

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
14   0
Reaction score
Good afternoon all,

I’m hunting more with my son and we have a few trips planned that I would like to capture on video. I’m looking at the new GoPro options but don’t know which model makes the most sense. The new models are the Hero8 and the Max. Anyone have experience that could help me? Also, what accessories should I definitely get?

Thanks!

I like the idea of the small tacti cam for $150 that mounts to your rail on your weapon and would love to hear reviews of anyone that used one here.
Now if you’re looking to make professional youtube videos Is find some of your favorite youtube hunt vids and ask them what they used.
Those dudes are always watching their messages and will most likely reply back soon and or have links for their equipment in the description.

Find a Hero 3+ black. You can find them on Craig's list for very cheap. I use a couple for scuba diving. However, for hunting videos, I prefer a small video camera with zoom. I carry a Sony compact video camera in my pack.

I’d opt for a model with the removable batteries so that you can change batteries in the field. Otherwise, you are lugging around a battery pack and charging cord.
I’ve captured a couple kills on camera so far, it’s pretty cool watching those moments over and over.

Back
Top Bottom