• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best entry level electric smoker

Love my traeger. My brother in law bought a pit boss and is happy with it, my father in law has a green mountain and has had issues with it. I’m very partial to my traeger though, I love that thing.
my traeger wont smoke... i just cant get enough smoke out of it to make me happy. i did last years Thanksgiving turkey in it. it was super juicy,but did not have a rich smoke flavor or a good smoke ring...
got any secrets?

my traeger wont smoke... i just cant get enough smoke out of it to make me happy. i did last years Thanksgiving turkey in it. it was super juicy,but did not have a rich smoke flavor or a good smoke ring...
got any secrets?
What kind of pellets do you use? I don’t like traeger pellets. I buy him beam pellets. I get mine from tractor supply, I get tons of smoke out of mine.

got any secrets?
I just bought a different kind of hickory pellet too but I can’t remember the brand. It’s what I’m using right now smoking my beef brisket.

What kind of pellets do you use? I don’t like traeger pellets. I buy him beam pellets. I get mine from tractor supply, I get tons of smoke out of mine.
i have used sever different ones... but i get better results using a gas grill and a pan full of wood chips...
i think i have used the jim beam. thanks for the info. i may just buy some small bags and see if i can find some that smoke...

i have used sever different ones... but i get better results using a gas grill and a pan full of wood chips...
i think i have used the jim beam. thanks for the info. i may just buy some small bags and see if i can find some that smoke...
I get the most smoke out of the Jim beams on mine so far. I actually get a lot out of them, Like my whole back porch will be covered in smoke... what model do you have?

Back
Top Bottom