• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best eats around the South

Fried chicken- Carter's in Americus is awesome and I have the cholesterol to prove it. (also have great burgers)
Hotdogs-Monroes in Americus. Nothing special or magic but its a local icon
Pizza, burger etc - Roman Oven in Americus The pizza is awesome, so are the subs as well as the salad bar. The burger is a 1/2 lb of awesome. All three of these are carry friendly.
Pats place also has a great pizza and has since the 70's as well as live music. I havent been in there in 2 years. The owner put a no guns allowed sign on the door and I respect him enough to abide. Pats business, Pats rules, my rights, my wallet.

Gotcha. I lived there over 50 years ago. I do remember the sign "everything's better in Metter".
I was assigned at The Citadel in Charleston from '71-'73. Often passed through Metter on trips from Charleston to Fort Benning. Always made it a point to stop at Brook's Cafeteria on the square in Metter. Best fried chicken I have ever eaten. Sadly, I was through Metter in 2007 and Brook's is no longer there.

Dreamland bbq roswell,ga
Village burger/dunwoody & alpharetta

Tons of places in nashville way too many to list. I could start a new thread on just that

Best eats around the South?
My fire station was that place tonight. Sausage stuffed pork loin wrapped in bacon. Had to bring it in and finish it in the oven on account of the rain this evening. Had a side of roasted potatoes and sweet corn.
image.jpeg

For pizza? MaMa Mia on Watson in Centerville Ga. Korean? Choi's on Commercial Circle in Warner Robins. Homestyle cooking? Yoder's Montezuma or Oil Lamp in Perry (same folks). Fried fish or chicken? Skipper John's in Perry on highway 41. All these places are top notch and very good. MaMa Mia owners are from NY and the pizza is the real deal. The place is full of yanks all the time so that tells ya something right there. I am a displaced Yankee myself so I can speak from eating good pizza my whole life in NJ/PA/NYC that this is it.

Choi's is excellent Korean food. The market is cool- Stinky, weird crap on the shelves and coolers full of strange stuff that is delicious. Gotta try it! Get the cucumber Kimchi and the cabbage kimchi to take home. All my buddies that have been to Korea say this is the most authentic and realistic you'll find in the area shy of going to ATL. It is great.

Oil Lamp and Yoder's are straight up home style, pull up the chair and grub on food. If your nanny, mammy and pappy ate it, it most likely will be showcased at the Oil Lamp or Yoder's. Excellent food.

Skipper John's is a small shop on the side of the road with 2 women working it and the phone rings off the hook. Call it in (if they can answer) or walk in, order it and wait. It will be worth it. The seasoning they put on the fish and chicken is out of this world and the fries and hushpuppies are jamming too. You will thank me for it. :)

My family and I have recently moved to the East TN mountains and can assure you the above-mentioned restaurants are the ones I miss the most. Still finding places up here to eat that are good. There a bunch of eateries here and we are making our rounds as we go.

Back
Top Bottom