• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best eats around the South

I have a another vote for Henry's but it's the only Louisiana style place if been. But I thought it was awesome each time I've been.

Pulled pork BBQ; Rib country in Blairsville GA (they have three more locations in surrounding towns) their sides are pretty dang good and their black berry cobbler is awesome.

Brisket; a small hole in the wall BBQ house in Ringgold ga called Thatcher's BBQ. They have a heart attack in a basket called a porky bucket that's a bed of tater tots covered with BBQ and cheese that pretty dang good to.

Fried Chicken; a place in Rossville GA (just outside of Chattanooga Tn) called Bea's restaurant. Their sides are alright but the chicken is worth it, and their peach cobbler is pretty dang good too.

B&J's in Darien Ga. About the best shrimp you can get and lots of them.
O'Neils Country Buffet in Thomasville Ga. I was on my way down to work in the panhandle and was looking for lunch. Found this place where the parking lot was full. Great country cooking.

Boss Oyster Bar in nearby Apalachicola, FL is another place to get fresh off the boat oysters. If you ever wander to Santa Rosa Beach, FL on Hwy 30A, stop by Stinky's Fish Camp for some excellent fresh seafood.

"Up the creek" in Apalachicola is great for fresh oysters. Carolines River Dining is probably the best all round restaurant in Apalachicola.

The Hole in the wall in Apalachicola FL is good too but the one waitress is a little less than desirable to deal with. (Always seems very cranky).

Bowery Station is a great bar with live Rock and Roll and cheap beer.

Drive down to Apalachicola 4 or 5 times a year, whenever the urge for raw oysters strikes me. The land that time forgot. Good times

Back
Top Bottom