• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Camping Style Propane Stove

Never really used one myself, but an ex of mine used a table top burner that used butane canisters. Apparently in Japan they use them often. Seemed pretty efficient.

I just did a search and you can find dual fuel burners that use butane & propane. Might be a decent option unless you plan to use the 20lbs tanks.
I have used almost all of them mentioned.

We take a 2 burner coleman when we travel, and it works well but is not light or especially portable. It's a good mix of features and low price. I haven't had trouble running out of gas with it, either. I bought an adapter hose to run off household 20 pounders if needed for SHTF.

I also have a butane and used them a lot in restaurants. they are fantastic! burn clean, nice flame, as good as a one-burner stove on a gas range. Often used in buffets and hotel egg stations. They do use a bunch of gas if you have them cranked though.

I've also used a turkey fryer base hooked to a 20 pound tank, for, um, cooking stuff in big pots (like seafood boils). they are also a good option but you get a big ~1 foot+ ring of fire so not for a small pan or single egg.

I also have a butane and used them a lot in restaurants. they are fantastic! burn clean, nice flame, as good as a one-burner stove on a gas range. Often used in buffets and hotel egg stations. They do use a bunch of gas if you have them cranked though.

The butane seems the better one to cook with if indoors for small meals, the one I saw used was mainly for cooking with a wok. Easier to manage around the kitchen without the adapter hose to attach to a larger propane tank. And easier to store the fuel & burner in a cabinet compared to the 20lb propane tanks.

I was thinking of a 2 burner camping stove for SHTF. The advantages a small camping stove has over a large grill in that situation is: 1) You can use it indoors. 2) Much more efficient use of propane.

blackstone camp grill.jpg

Back
Top Bottom