• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Camping Coffee setup?

militaryrednek

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
75   0
Reaction score
hey all, im looking to improve/upgrade my current setup for making coffee while camping this year. i usually just boil some water, throw it in my travel mug with a single serve bag (like a tea bag) of coffee, and wait a bit. it "works", but im looking for something better.

looking for something that makes at least 3-4+ cups at a time. As i do enjoy my coffee and dont want to spend all my morning making cup after cup lol.

ive been looking at one of these colemans for my stove and dont look to bad. anyone have experience with them? https://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-...L1lA4Eavj6_g_O7m5VLDlYnZnBwT2M8caAo6JEALw_wcB

also been looking at the camping french press systems also and good lord there are to many to choose from. the Stanley ones dont look half bad. For sure want one thats made for camping, that i can heat the water in the press either over the fire or on my coleman stove.

was just looking at percolator style coffee makers. little wary of the aluminum ones, think i will spend a bit more for stainless steel if i go that route. think im down to either the peculator style or a french press.
Moka pot makes stronger Mudd and is heavy stainless.
French press is handy because you can use already hot or boiling water but don't get a glass style or it will be broke

Moka pot makes stronger Mudd and is heavy stainless.
French press is handy because you can use already hot or boiling water but don't get a glass style or it will be broke

i like stronger lol. and i do like the design of these moka pots. stainless for sure though as the aluminum ones looks a bit thin and flimsy for outdoor use.

I thought aluminum might work for primitive camping but stainless would be fine too. Don't let it get too hot but you already know that.

i park next to my campsites now so weight is a non-issue lol.

Percolators make good coffee. Want it stronger? Leave it to perc a bit longer. That's all we used at deer camp for years. You'll want to find a store that still sells whole bean coffee and has a grinder. You need to have a coarser grind so you don't end up with coffee grounds in your cup. The usual bags of coffee have a finer grind for the drip coffee makers.

https://www.amazon.com/Classic-Stay...42&sprefix=stanley+thermos+fre,aps,178&sr=8-3

stanley.jpg

I got a stainless percolator for camping years ago. Makes the best coffee, way better than any drip style.

Back
Top Bottom