• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best bow for 500$?

I would look for a Hoyt Nitrum 34 or a Hoyt pro defiant 34. I would stay away from 6” braceheight bows and shorter ata if it’s been a while. Bows have come a long way in the past 10 years it’s amazing. I really love the way the Mathews shoot but the grip for me is no bueno. Check out acherytalk.com there is a wealth of knowledge/opinions over there as well as some deals to be had.
6” brace height bow? I haven’t used a compound in years.

Bows don’t hold their value well at all. Have you considered a nice used one? You can find a lightly used high-end model for much less than a new entry level 2nd tier bow. Lots of guys spend big bucks on a fancy new high dollar bow and then shoot it a few times a year, carry it in the woods for a few hunts and then move to a crossbow or next year’s model. You can also find brand new ones from last year or the year before from dealers on some of the forums like ArcheryTalk. Those often go for a fraction of what this year’s model is selling for.

MAK MAK
Do they have sales ads on archery talk? I buy used guns but wasn’t sure if I would lose out on technology by buying used.
Absolutely. I have purchased a Bowtech bow and a Scorpyd crossbow from folks there.
I doubt you are going to miss out on much regarding technological advances if you only go 2-5 years old. Probably could go older than that but I’m not a bow expert. Now if you are looking for a 40 year old Bear Whitetail Hunter then you could probably pick a “package” up here for about $400:rolleyes: but then you may lose a few of the latest advances.

It is measured from the string to the back of the grip. Basically the arrow will stay on the string longer which in turn makes the arrow fly faster. Speed = kinetic energy, but less brace heoght and a shorter ata makes for a less forgiving and harder to shoot bow. Also look into shooting a heavier arrow, you will have more momentum which will give you more penetration .

Get an Excalibur crossbow with a scope.
Like shooting a rifle.
Consistent every time.
Makes you confident with longer shots.
Can change a string in the field in less than a minute without the need for taking into a shop to have someone play with pulleys and crap.

Get an Excalibur crossbow with a scope.
Like shooting a rifle.
Consistent every time.
Makes you confident with longer shots.
Can change a string in the field in less than a minute without the need for taking into a shop to have someone play with pulleys and crap.
What model do you prefer?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom