• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Bourbon that doesn't break the bank?

Been watching this thread. Love the topic of whiskey/bourbon.

I would recommend to anyone to try Balcones True Blue. It is a cask strength bourbon made from a blue corn mash bill. It usually comes in at over 130 proof. It is a great whiskey to sip either meat or on the rocks as it can stand up to the ice. Very good taste to it, but be ready for the proof to hit you.

My regional manager loved Burbon.
I would meet him in one of my 5 states in my territory. Tennessee had the lowest price. I would buy him a bottle and write it off on my expense account. My last 3 years I got smart and would buy 2 bottles one of them for me.. His only request was single barrel.Wild Turkey, Bookers,Jim Beam, Wellers, Jack Daniel.
I ended up with a well stocked Bar by 2012 when I retired.

My regional manager loved Burbon.
I would meet him in one of my 5 states in my territory. Tennessee had the lowest price. I would buy him a bottle and write it off on my expense account. My last 3 years I got smart and would buy 2 bottles one of them for me.. His only request was single barrel.Wild Turkey, Bookers,Jim Beam, Wellers, Jack Daniel.
I ended up with a well stocked Bar by 2012 when I retired.
All great choices!

Bank is all relative as I used to have the hook up on pappy van winkle and I always made like 800% on it. The prices have jumped up as I used to work at a liquor store years ago when angles envy was $45, now it is almost $100. I am still crossing my fingers on pappy as they normally release it in November, then they said January. But, my guy doesn’t seem to know if they will make it to January. Total wine has a loyalty program where you get $5 off non alcohol items, but every dollar you spend gets you more chances at getting rare bourbon. But, the deadline has long past for this year.

Back
Top Bottom