• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Bourbon that doesn't break the bank?

Regular Blantons...IF you can find it!

Lmao... I mean you ain’t lying... if you can find it

C631DD05-7A70-4981-B87F-E733700D046C.jpeg

Enjoy what you’ve got and share with friends, this stuff is decent lol

View attachment 3265111
I love that Michters...I get a nice essence of tea in the finish. Prob one of my favorites.
Lmao... I mean you ain’t lying... if you can find it

View attachment 3265239
Scored 3 bottles with boxes and bags from a store pick recently. Got them for trade fodder in the bourbon FB groups....and probably Christmas time flip to folks looking for gifts.

b85defcc25cd2adb6a25d9f70990467a.jpg
53bbf304baf37ea7a7a0c7b8dbd8a73c.jpg

Best dram (and value) I had this past year was probably ASW's Ameireaganach Maris Otter single malt, really regret not going back the next day and buying the liquor store out because I can't find the stuff anywhere. I think I paid like 50 for it, and it could punch with 100+ dollar whiskeys. Hell I would pay 100 for this whiskey if I could find it.

Redwood Empire's rye was a really good value, think I way paying ~36 for it in november, went into the liquor store the other day and now they want 65 for it. That's like borderline value for me, but still edging close to some other ryes I like as much/more.

Best bourbon value was probably weller's special reserve, I paid a lot closer to MSRP for it than I've seen it go for, but it did fly off the shelf fast.

Most disappointing bourbon of the last year was Jefferson's aged at sea. I don't know what I was hoping for but more character, thought it sloshing around at a ship might bring some more flavors but seems like a gimmick to me. A number of years back I had a special release rye from them that was like getting hit in the face with a loaf of rye bread. This aged at sea was maybe just slightly more mellow jeffersons. Definitely not worth the price.

Honorable Mentions: High West Double Rye, Chattanooga whiskey double malt, evan williams 1783 (not straight sipping but holds up great in cocktails)

Dishonorable Mentions: 13th Colony Rye, Moonlight Rye, Lovell Bros. Sour Mash, Leopold Bros Small Batch

Back
Top Bottom