• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Bourbon that doesn't break the bank?

Old Fourth Ward Distillery - Atlanta - 4 year old bonded 100 proof bourbon for Master’s sipping and Cedar Planking a Salmon filet later.......

9e44fdccc5a48ab4af4c6054a1e6c85b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My friends and I had some Blanton's Gold a few weeks ago. None of us were that impressed. It's not that it's bad, but we didn't feel it was worth the price. I'd probably just stick to the regular Blanton imo.
We also had a Widow Jane 13 year. I really thought that was pretty good though.

My friends and I had some Blanton's Gold a few weeks ago. None of us were that impressed. It's not that it's bad, but we didn't feel it was worth the price. I'd probably just stick to the regular Blanton imo.
We also had a Widow Jane 13 year. I really thought that was pretty good though.

Blantons SFTB is where that brand shines. I’ve had a few and they all are unique in flavor, finish, and heat.

Has anyone tried the Makers 101? Forgive me if there's already been a post about it.

I have had M101 but honestly prefer their RC6 version with a bit more proof and brighter aged flavors. RC6 is around 112 proof yet sipped like a 101. Too bad that they only did a short run, it was fantastic!

In keeping with the thread subject, I tend to go for a few bottles that are are around $30-ish most places.

Redemption's Bourbon is good and their High Rye Bourbon is a nice change for mid-$20s. Almost like a Whistlepig but without the $.

Four Roses Small Batch and the base Jefferson are also good at mid-$30s.

Best bang for the buck has to be Evan Williams Bonded though. Well under $20 on most places and it's a good Bourbon for both mixing and straight up (with a little water to cut the 100 proof down a bit).

Back
Top Bottom