• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Bourbon that doesn't break the bank?

For you Pappy Van Winkle fans, here is an raffle benefiting Habitat for Humanity somewhere in Kentucky. Raffle tickets are $100/each and the prize is one bottle of every bourbon produced by the Pappy distillery. If I read the rules correctly, total value is $15k. ( I have no connection to this raffle, it was sent to me by a friend, and yes, I bought several tickets).

https://hardinhabitat.com/product/pappy-valentine-raffle/

Tom Porter, been drinking Crown for many years. I don't care for the apple, and most of the other flavors, but I do have to admit, I like Crown Vanilla. I may lose my man card for that statement, but that can't be helped, I like it. Enjoy the Crown and before I forget, in the summer my favorite day time drink is Crown and Ginger. Yea, I know. Another slap at the man card! lol

27031135-7DB4-4B1F-A4B8-256B05FB1B67.jpeg

I have come to like bourbon along the way leaning less on beer and the belly. Who here knows bourbon and can recommend some brands that are the best bang for the buck? I've tried Bulliet which is good as well as Knob Creek, Jefferson's Reserve, Woodford's Reserve, Tin Cup which is a little mild, among a few others. Any recommendations in the Bulliet price range that's comparable to the mid shelf in taste and drinkability?

lots to pick from on here. Certainly some great choices. Another one that is surprisingly good to me is Weller Special Reserve. Comes in green labeled bottle. Usually in the $30-$35 range. Try them all until you find what you like. Good luck!!

^^^. This quite possibly might be the very best quality barrel proofed bourbon any regular Joe can go out and snag for around $60-70 depending.

Neat is how I drink it but if you are used to a 93 proofed bourbon, this would last double with a few splashes of water or mixed hahaha

I agree its is one of my favorites

Back
Top Bottom