• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Bourbon that doesn't break the bank?

Dang man, here I sit right on the Henry County line, Hwy138 and no invite for me?! Well, if you are up my way, I may not have the best bourbon, but I will pour you one on the house! lol

Man since I left the Newnan market a few years back I don’t get out that way much anymore lol. I don’t have much but what I do have is pretty good and you are welcome to it anytime

Reactions: JWC
I’d like to also mention that most bourbon on the shelves are blended down from barrel strength to a lower proof of 94/90. After having unfiltered barrel proofed bourbons, the ones down below are like skim milk or 1/3 cup of sugar in the koolaide.

I’m not knocking the ones listed below but these are examples of blended down bourbons.

Buffalo Trace
Elijah Craig Small Batch
Eagle Rare
Blanton’s
Weller Special Reserve

The thing I like about barrel proof bourbons is I’m in control to proof down to my comfort level if I want to or not. I typically drink bourbon neat and occasionally I’ll add a drop or two of water to help dilute down the proof which also helps open up the thick oils and barrel char (blooming)

You will pay a little more for barrel proof and be limited to offerings but it’s worth it to me.

It’s like paying absurd prices for 50/50 ready mix antifreeze when you can buy full strength and make double the amount...

Back
Top Bottom