• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Bourbon that doesn't break the bank?

OK, since there isn't much going on, I decided to try a bourbon that I had not had in a while. Why? Heck, it was behind a couple of y and I missed it.

Anyway, the bourbon is Old Bardstown Estate, Straight Bourbon. At 101 proof, one would expect a bite in the beginning, but not so much. I like the taste and the finish. For $24.99, it is a really good value. It is not a top shelf bourbon, doesn't pretend to be, but it is a very good mid-shelf bourbon that will not disappoint. Did I mention it was $24.99? Drink it neat, put a bit of ice on it, or mix it. I do not believe you will be disappointed. But, you have to remember, what do I know?
I'll have to give it a try, love the price point. I think it's a Willett product, which makes one of my favorite (Pot Still reserve).

OK, since there isn't much going on, I decided to try a bourbon that I had not had in a while. Why? Heck, it was behind a couple of y and I missed it.

Anyway, the bourbon is Old Bardstown Estate, Straight Bourbon. At 101 proof, one would expect a bite in the beginning, but not so much. I like the taste and the finish. For $24.99, it is a really good value. It is not a top shelf bourbon, doesn't pretend to be, but it is a very good mid-shelf bourbon that will not disappoint. Did I mention it was $24.99? Drink it neat, put a bit of ice on it, or mix it. I do not believe you will be disappointed. But, you have to remember, what do I know?
Old Bardstown Estate - Is the distillery in Louisville, KY ??? If so, an ODT field trip is in order once the COVID-19 issue is over.

Kind of unobtainable but still out if you know where to look and have the coin for what it is.

Boone County 1833

I lucked out and got a few of the 10yr, 12yr, and a store picks before they discontinued.

One of the richest and sweet pours out here!

C27BBB79-70CB-4A3A-AD89-A7D688FD692F.png

CD16C1B8-C389-4E29-A14E-2D07CBD0FA2F.png

Back
Top Bottom