• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Bourbon that doesn't break the bank?

The new Elijah Craig Barrel Proof A120 @ 136.6 proof is SO Good!!!!

Thick, oily, and decadent with heavy brown sugar, cinnamon, and honey. The proof is mellowed down tremendously being aged 12 years too. I drink a small 2 to 3 oz neat and let it sit for about 20 min while smelling the aroma and listening to the frogs and crickets sing on my front porch.

View attachment 2549468

136 proof! Dang. . .

But best bang for a decent bottle you can find pretty much everywhere to mix, drink straight, or even pour over a tall glass of ice?

My vote is Evan Williams Bottled in Bond for $14-$28.

This bourbon once opened for a little while and left on the shelf really opens up and could easily compare with several higher end bottles in a blind taste test.

View attachment 2549486

Ditto.

In polls of bartenders about what is the best "non-top shelf" bourbon, this is always the most mentioned one.

Very reasonably priced for the quality.

Another overlooked bourbon commonly found is

Wild Turkey Rare Breed.

It’s 116.8 proof and several aged barrels are blended together creating a very well balanced and enjoyable barrel proofed (not watered down) bourbon. Expect Vanilla, sweet white sugar, and baking spices with a slightly thin mouth feel. The proof isn’t overpowering but you know it’s there and can tame it with a cube of ice or a few drops of water as needed.

FB_IMG_1584797392375.jpg

Back
Top Bottom