• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Bourbon that doesn't break the bank?

Posting this up, find something you like on the Tree and try those up and down-

Bourbon Tree.jpg

Thanks 7pt62THOR for that link. Really good of you to do that!

I like 7 of the 10 listed, but my favorites from that list are Elijah Craig, Four Roses Single Barrel and Woodford Reserve, with Barrel and EH Taylor close behind.

Frankly I can't remember if I have mentioned these two before, I probably have.

Woodford Reserve Double Oaked - dang good. Very smooth and despite the name, no overtly strong oak taste. If you like standard Woodford, you will enjoy this even more.

Crown Royal French Oak Cask Finished. I know, it is not bourbon. I also know some turn their nose up at Crown Royal. But, this stuff is different. The color is different, the taste is not weak, but more full bodied. Not overly expensive, but you can't call it cheap, If I could, I would always have a bottle of this in my cabinet. I know we all have different likes, but this is good to me.

Ok, I have used up my time. Some one else post about something they really enjoy

Thanks 7pt62THOR for that link. Really good of you to do that!

I like 7 of the 10 listed, but my favorites from that list are Elijah Craig, Four Roses Single Barrel and Woodford Reserve, with Barrel and EH Taylor close behind.

Frankly I can't remember if I have mentioned these two before, I probably have.

Woodford Reserve Double Oaked - dang good. Very smooth and despite the name, no overtly strong oak taste. If you like standard Woodford, you will enjoy this even more.

Crown Royal French Oak Cask Finished. I know, it is not bourbon. I also know some turn their nose up at Crown Royal. But, this stuff is different. The color is different, the taste is not weak, but more full bodied. Not overly expensive, but you can't call it cheap, If I could, I would always have a bottle of this in my cabinet. I know we all have different likes, but this is good to me.

Ok, I have used up my time. Some one else post about something they really enjoy

Gonna have to give Barrel and EH Taylor a taste test! Thanks brother!

The new Elijah Craig Barrel Proof A120 @ 136.6 proof is SO Good!!!!

Thick, oily, and decadent with heavy brown sugar, cinnamon, and honey. The proof is mellowed down tremendously being aged 12 years too. I drink a small 2 to 3 oz neat and let it sit for about 20 min while smelling the aroma and listening to the frogs and crickets sing on my front porch.

10D3BB5C-22C9-4FBC-B6D9-F9AD6883070B.jpeg

But best bang for a decent bottle you can find pretty much everywhere to mix, drink straight, or even pour over a tall glass of ice?

My vote is Evan Williams Bottled in Bond for $14-$28.

This bourbon once opened for a little while and left on the shelf really opens up and could easily compare with several higher end bottles in a blind taste test.

F9163589-DB81-4429-AACF-7C0349A85C11.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom