• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Bourbon that doesn't break the bank?

Haven't posted in this thread since June! Man, time goes by fast.

7pt62THOR, I really like Elijah Craig. Good bourbon for the money.

Here are a several I have tried in the last, well, nearly 6 months.

Yellowstone Select is a nice bourbon but at around $50 it is, in my opinion, a bit over priced. In that $50 price range, there are a lot of good bourbons. But worth a try if you find it on sale.

Town Branch. Well, how do I say this nicely. I can't, it is bottom shelf swill in my opinion. I would not use this stuff to mix in a cocktail. If it were $10 a bottle, it would be overpriced.

Johnny Drum 101. Yes, it is 101 proof. You might think the alcohol would be overpowering at this price level, but it is surprisingly smooth. Now again, I drink my bourbon over ice, so I am diluting the alcohol right off the bat. At between $30 and $35 buck, not a bad bourbon at all.

Old Bardstown. Another 101 proof bourbon. If you haven't tried this one, give it a shot. I really like this bourbon. At the price point, around $33, it is a good value, in my opinion. It has a nice richness to it that is not present in most bourbons at this price point. It is a really good everyday bourbon. Good for mixing, but also sipping. As I mentioned, I like this one.

New to drinking Bourbon. Usually just drank beer lol Found anew love in a Old Fashioned. My go to bar drink now if it isn't beer.

Been enjoying Woodford Reserve and Bulliet.

Have a friend who's father passed away a few weeks back. I went to his house with a cigar and a unopened bottle of Four Roses small batch select to just sit around and hang out. It was pretty good bourbon, and he seemed to be happy a few friends came by.
After the Four Roses I brought was pretty much gone, he went and broke out a Weller 7 year. The 7 year wasn't too bad, but after that bottle he brought out a Weller 12 year. That 12 year was excellent in my opinion, very enjoyable. I've been trying to get some Weller 12 year for my cabinet since then. I'd still like to try some Pappy's though.

Have a friend who's father passed away a few weeks back. I went to his house with a cigar and a unopened bottle of Four Roses small batch select to just sit around and hang out. It was pretty good bourbon, and he seemed to be happy a few friends came by.

Good for you!

Way to many folk ask what they can do, not meaning to do a thing. Just do something! Your buddy will always remember......

And Weller 12 is GOOD stuff!

Found this today and had to try it. Over ice, it is pretty good. Of course the bottle and label had nothing to do with the purchase. It was a whole $20 a bottle.

4F433AC0-0771-4ABB-95E2-F0958311BBBE.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom