• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Bourbon that doesn't break the bank?

So, I decided to purchase a bottle of John Rich's whiskey, Redneck Riviera Whisky. I will admit that I saw it on Fox News. When they said 10% of the profit will go to the Folds of Honor campaign, well, I had to buy it and try it.
So, I forked down the $23.99, plus tax.
Redneck Riviera Whiskey is a blended whiskey, listed at 80 proof, and it is young. None of the 10, or 12 year aged whiskey here! I checked the bottle, and it does not say MADE ON TUESDAY!!! lol I also admit that I had pretty much decided that this whiskey would be close to undrinkable.

The color is a light amber, the smell is a mix of vanilla/oak/fruit. The first drink I had was neat. No big alcohol burn, and well, tasted pretty good, and I have to admit, it was a really smooth drink. The next drink I had was with a cube of ice. Still good, but waters down pretty quickly. No, it is not Woodford Reserve, Four Roses Single Barrel, along with a lot of others, but it is also not bad at all. Since this thread is about decent bourbon/whiskey that will not break the bank, Redneck Riviera Whiskey fits the title perfectly. This is a smooth, house drink that is good neat and with a cube of ice. Those who like higher proof, full bodied, bourbon/whiskey, will probably find this drink lacking. Just my opinion, and what do I know!

Found a bottle of this today.

Attachments

• 6F63659C-E3EC-4C9A-8175-D34F1AE83968.jpeg
    6F63659C-E3EC-4C9A-8175-D34F1AE83968.jpeg
    44.1 KB · Views: 82
I just called a distributor friend of mine to get me 4 bottles of Pappy, one for me and three to give out to coworkers / clients. It doesn't break the bank because I'm expensing it.

Eagle Rare is my go to.

I just called a distributor friend of mine to get me 4 bottles of Pappy, one for me and three to give out to coworkers / clients. It doesn't break the bank because I'm expensing it.

Eagle Rare is my go to.

tell him to send you another to sell to me

Back
Top Bottom