• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Bourbon that doesn't break the bank?

Anyone tried Widow Jane? It’s on the pricey side for me but is one of my favorites this far.

Yes I have. I tried it in a bar because I did not want to pay the price just to find out if I like it. It was a good solid bourbon and I liked it, but frankly, there are a lot of bourbons just as good, or better in that price range. Just my opinion, and well, what do I know?

My likka store did not have any Weller Green label. Going to branch out to a few more stores come Tuesday.

BTW, having a bit of Basil Hayden this evening. I really like it.

Yes I have. I tried it in a bar because I did not want to pay the price just to find out if I like it. It was a good solid bourbon and I liked it, but frankly, there are a lot of bourbons just as good, or better in that price range. Just my opinion, and well, what do I know?

My likka store did not have any Weller Green label. Going to branch out to a few more stores come Tuesday.

BTW, having a bit of Basil Hayden this evening. I really like it.
So what would you personally recommend that compares to or beats Widow Jane that’s in That price range?

So what would you personally recommend that compares to or beats Widow Jane that’s in That price range?
I did not get back to you quickly. Holiday weekend got in the way. This is what I like as well as if not better than Widow Jane. Let me again say, Widow Jane is a good drink. This is not a definitive list, but based on my taste.

Some are not really bourbons, but hey, they are close.

Gentleman Jack
Longhorn
Basil Hayden
Woodford Reserve
Jefferson Ocean ( a bit higher, but a good bourbon)
Bookers
Bakers
Willett
Heavens Door Double Barreled

Just a few in that price range. I have had the pleasure of drinking those listed. In my opinion, and it is just my opinion, they are just as good as Widow Jane. A couple, I like better. Of course, what do I know?

Back
Top Bottom