• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best beef jerky recipes?

Four year bump. Used a recipe off of the Excalibur website. 4 lbs top round sliced about 3/16". Will marinate overnight and into the Excalibur tomorrow.

I hope it's good...

View attachment 2096127 View attachment 2096128

Electric knife made short work of the slicing.

I should have a range report tomorrow night.
Looking forward to your report Pimp Man!!! Damn that is a lot of eggs!

Ok, first batch wasn't bad. Not great but definitely decent. Here's the marinade recipe.

Ingredients
3 lbs Bottom Round

1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce

1 tsp Garlic Powder

1 tbsp A1 Steak Sauce

1/4 cup Soy Sauce

1/2 tsp Liquid Smoke

1 tbsp Tabasco Sauce

Next time I'm going to incorporate more heat. Maybe some habanero sauce or something to give it a little more kick. I generally like hot foods. The batch I made had a good flavor but needed a little more to make it interesting.

Hey DinkyDau DinkyDau - we shop at Costco so we buy in bulk.

No jerky soap Ringleader Ringleader . :becky:

Ok, first batch wasn't bad. Not great but definitely decent. Here's the marinade recipe.

Ingredients
3 lbs Bottom Round

1 tsp Garlic Powder

1 tbsp A1 Steak Sauce

1/4 cup Soy Sauce

1/2 tsp Liquid Smoke

1 tbsp Tabasco Sauce

Next time I'm going to incorporate more heat. Maybe some habanero sauce or something to give it a little more kick. I generally like hot foods. The batch I made had a good flavor but needed a little more to make it interesting.

Because of you, I purchased an indoor Dehydrator yesterday..Never tried indoor but can't stand long enough outdoors to use my smokers..I have changed my brides diet and dried fruits is going to be high on the list..But the Jerk is going to be first! Thanks it will be here Monday

Because of you, I purchased an indoor Dehydrator yesterday..Never tried indoor but can't stand long enough outdoors to use my smokers..I have changed my brides diet and dried fruits is going to be high on the list..But the Jerk is going to be first! Thanks it will be here Monday

I was looking at an Excalibur from HD or Lowes. What did you end up with?

Ingredients
3 lbs Bottom Round

1 tsp Garlic Powder

1 tbsp A1 Steak Sauce

1/4 cup Soy Sauce

1/2 tsp Liquid Smoke

1 tbsp Tabasco Sauce

Thanks Pimp Man! Just harvested 3 lbs of bottom round out of the new Dehydrator...Not bad Not bad at all. First attempt with the new way of making Jerky!

Beef Jerky.jpg

Thanks Pimp Man! Just harvested 3 lbs of bottom round out of the new Dehydrator...Not bad Not bad at all. First attempt with the new way of making Jerky!

View attachment 2108895

Dang, that looks good DD!

It's so much cheaper making it at home than buying in the store.

My second batch is marinating right now. I substituted some Carolina Reaper sauce for the hot sauce. Needed to kick it up a notch. Also added extra garlic powder and some pepper flakes. Going to start it around 9 tonight so it'll be ready tomorrow around 9am.

Back
Top Bottom