• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best beef jerky recipes?

Hayata

Wolf Icon
Knock it off with them negative waves Moriarity!
177   0
Reaction score
Who has some great beef jerky recipes they can share?

We're about to dust off the ol' Excalibur and make some low-carb snacks.

I just use the oven for venison jerky. Strip it up and put it into a glass bowl with salt, worchestershire, liquid smoke, garlic, dry cayenne pepper, black pepper, and a wee bit of brown sugar. Marinate 24 hours and into the oven.

This is another easy one. Buy some Allegro marinade (Hot N Spicy is great, or cut it with some original or game tame if you want it a bit milder- Runs about $3.79 a bottle, which is enough for a few pounds of meat). Pour marinade in bowl. Cut meat into strips-either 1/2"x 1/2" for biltong, or 1/4"-3/8" thick, and around 1-2" wide for jerky. Drop in marinade. Heat oven to around 180-190- you don't want the blood to boil, or to cook the grease out of the meat. Venison doesn't have this problem but beef does and jerky will be greasy. you can marinade the meat for as little as 15 minutes and still have flavor, but 30-45 minutes is plenty. Put a couple layers of foil on a cookie sheet, and lay meat out and avoid overlapping. Refrigerate marinade just in case. Stick in oven, and check after about 2 hours. Drain off fluids and put back in oven. Around 6 hours it'll be drying out good. Taste it and see if you want more flavor. If so, you can drop it back in the marinade. Since it's drying, it'll soak up the marinade like a sponge. stick back in oven and continue drying til at least 8 hour, but could take close to 12-13 hours. Let it cool some and stick it in a ziplok. If you get it too dry and it's crumbly, leave the bag open a few hours and it'll draw moisture from the air and get a bit chewy again.

I've been using this recipe for 15 years, and family asks me to make them jerky for Christmas presents instead of buying them something.

Four year bump. Used a recipe off of the Excalibur website. 4 lbs top round sliced about 3/16". Will marinate overnight and into the Excalibur tomorrow.

I hope it's good...

IMG_2460.JPG
IMG_2462.JPG

Electric knife made short work of the slicing.

I should have a range report tomorrow night.

Four year bump. Used a recipe off of the Excalibur website. 4 lbs top round sliced about 3/16". Will marinate overnight and into the Excalibur tomorrow.

I hope it's good...

View attachment 2096127 View attachment 2096128

Weeeelll?? Going to start selling jerky soap :)

I hope it's good...

View attachment 2096127 View attachment 2096128

Yep, we need a review!! And pray tell what marinade?

Back
Top Bottom