• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best beans for home made chili?

That sounds like fire hole chili :target:
You’ll definitely feel it the next time you see it! That reaper is no joke, literally 3 flakes can heat up a bowl... I’m running low on ground reaper too. Our garden didn’t put out this year (had a bad problem with Bore worms getting everything even not vine plants) :(

After spending 25+ yrs in the central pa & with the snowstorms that they had, I learned a few lessons on food temp.
1) the colder the temp, the hotter the food.
2) jalapeno & hotter peppers are your friend.
3) ground beef/turkey/venison all taste good, but snake & turtle meat turned into sausage (was good friends with quite a few Amish/Mennonite communities) are some of the best when seasoned (w/ the above mentioned peppers) properly.

Those jerk worms took out our cucumbers big time
Man they hit us hard this year. I’ve already mowed the garden. We planted about a quarter acre and it did great to begin with but once stuff started putting out those stupid things came and wiped us out. And we planted pumpkins on a different part of my property and we got 4 pumpkins off of them before they wiped those out. We pissed away a lot of money this year on the garden.

When a chili mood hits me the pantry usually determines the type of bean(s), I prefer pinto and dark red kidney. I like black beans, navy beans, great northern beans, and white beans as well.

Bush’s Chili beans when I put beans in it.

Attachments

• 90EB8D87-4F52-4186-B6F0-FAC0B57103D9.png
    90EB8D87-4F52-4186-B6F0-FAC0B57103D9.png
    431.4 KB · Views: 25
Back
Top Bottom