Votes: 13 15.7%

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • 12g

Votes: 29 34.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, that's hard.

What’s even worse is that the inherent sacasm wasn’t picked up on in my comment about .22lr being in the poll. Any thread where someone mentions .22lr as a self defense option brings out the ODT ire like no other. One time saw someone suggest a Cub Scout Swiss Army knife is better for self defense than a .22lr, lol.

What’s even worse is that the inherent sacasm wasn’t picked up on in my comment about .22lr being in the poll. Any thread where someone mentions .22lr as a self defense option brings out the ODT ire like no other. One time saw someone suggest a Cub Scout Swiss Army knife is better for self defense than a .22lr, lol.
22 LR is absolutely ONE of the platforms that you want when things go south. Why...easy to handle with the untrained, many rounds can be carried vs. heavier cartridges, generally speaking ammo available, and a CCI Stinger is a deadly round when well placed. You just have to know what your doing. .22 LR is a part of my plan without a doubt. Long gun or pistol, folks that know guns don't discredit them. Just saying so you know.

\

Years ago one of the proponents of big bore pistols actually conceded that "one hit with a .22 is more effective than 8 misses with a .45" - point being if that's what you can shoot comfortably and accurately, that's what you should use.

22 LR is absolutely ONE of the platforms that you want when things go south. Why...easy to handle with the untrained, many rounds can be carried vs. heavier cartridges, generally speaking ammo available, and a CCI Stinger is a deadly round when well placed. You just have to know what your doing. .22 LR is a part of my plan without a doubt. Long gun or pistol, folks that know guns don't discredit them. Just saying so you know.
Totally agree, I was using sarcasm earlier to poke the ODT bear to see what snide comments about .22lr would be made. If Claude Werner (The Tactical Professor) can endorse the .22lr S&W 43C as a viable option then that’s good enough for me.

I’ve always read that a suppressed .22 is the weapon of a hitman. Plus I know I don’t want to get hit by one, turn your brain to pudding and won’t even hear it coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.