• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best .22 bolt rifle to shoot suppressed

I have a 77/22 with a tactical solutions SBX barrel (FYI they still have them in stock but not on the website you need to call them). Giggle fun with a Mask.

savage or the Ruger American would be the choice on a budget.

The PWS summit is now being made by Volquartsen. I’d love to have one some day but for now my 77/22 works.

in the mean time a Tikka T1x or Ruger Precision Rimfire might work as well.

Love my FVSR but plan on replacing the crappy OEM stock if ya get one. The Apachee Trigger kit is also a nice addition.

FVSR-silenced.jpg

Here is my Savage FVSR suppressed. I put mine in a Boyd's stock as soon as I bought it (the OEM stock is plastic). I never had any issues with the rifle. I only shoot it suppressed but it easily had 10k rounds thru it (just cleaning and oiling).

guess it kinda depends on best. The best that i have shot is a Voodoo 22. Very closely behind it is the Tikka T1x. Accuracy between the two is no difference, give the V22 the nod due to being able to make it just like your main rifles in every fashion.

For comparison, I've owned the following, all with threaded barrels and most had some upgrades:
- 2x Savage FVSR's. My least favorite of any bolt action 22 for multiple reasons. Terrible mags. Bad stock. Terrible mags. Got to have the action pillar bedded. Terrible mags. Well-known reliability issues. Terrible mags.
- Browning straight pull T22. Very stiff "bolt"
- Ruger American Rimfire
- Ruger Precision Rimfire. No issues with it. Just didn't personally care for the chassis. YMMV.
- CZ 455 Varmint Tacticool. I heavily modified this one. Great shooter, but some things just didn't work for me.
- Ruger 77/22

Haven't owned one, but shot a few PWS/VQ Summits. If you like straight pull, this is the one.

If you want an affordable bolt action 22 that you can modify endlessly, the Tikka T1x is it. Rwjeter Rwjeter can account to the accuracy as well.

guess it kinda depends on best. The best that i have shot is a Voodoo 22. Very closely behind it is the Tikka T1x. Accuracy between the two is no difference, give the V22 the nod due to being able to make it just like your main rifles in every fashion.

For comparison, I've owned the following, all with threaded barrels and most had some upgrades:
- 2x Savage FVSR's. My least favorite of any bolt action 22 for multiple reasons. Terrible mags. Bad stock. Terrible mags. Got to have the action pillar bedded. Terrible mags. Well-known reliability issues. Terrible mags.
- Browning straight pull T22. Very stiff "bolt"
- Ruger American Rimfire
- Ruger Precision Rimfire. No issues with it. Just didn't personally care for the chassis. YMMV.
- CZ 455 Varmint Tacticool. I heavily modified this one. Great shooter, but some things just didn't work for me.
- Ruger 77/22

Haven't owned one, but shot a few PWS/VQ Summits. If you like straight pull, this is the one.

If you want an affordable bolt action 22 that you can modify endlessly, the Tikka T1x is it. Rwjeter Rwjeter can account to the accuracy as well.
Yeah, the Tikka is ridiculously accurate. I was very impressed with it. If I hadn’t already sunk WAYYYY too much money into my CZ 455 VPT (zero regrets by the way) I’d pick up a Tikka. Here’s my 455. Fantastic suppressed, extremely accurate, but did have a few short comings to address. Most were taken care of with the new 457 I believe though.

79C37D17-1892-4629-9DBE-94DCB538C93B.jpeg

I have been shooting the mess out of my ruger american rimfire with the Dobbs can on it for the past two days. I have not really shot if off a bench to push accuracy, but with CCI Quiet and CCI Standard 1070 FPS, all you hear is the firing pin drop then the hit on your target. It takes the ruger 10/22 mags that most of already have plenty of. Mine came with the hideous green stock and the scope mount.

Back
Top Bottom