• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Beretta Nano

Big_Al

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
49   0
Reaction score
Bought a Nano this weekend at Chuck's Gun and Pawn in Warner Robbins, GA. Salesman named Clayton was very nice and helpful, even gave my son two Krispy Kreme doughnuts.
Price paid was $429.00 and Clayton gave me a discount for driving all the way from McDonough, for comparison Bud's Guns is selling the Nano for $475.

Nano6.jpg

The Nano is a single stack 9mm, feels good in the hand even though it is very thin. Just left the range after firing 300 rounds of 124gr NATO, felt recoil was less than I expected out of
this small gun. Follow up shots were quite easy to perform as this gun seems to point quite naturally, at least for me. Take down of the Nano is very easy and does not require pulling the trigger
to do so. You can take a pen, punch or whatever else is small enough and press in a pin located on the frame to disconnect the firing pin.

Nano1.jpg

You then can use a coin, screw driver or even a spent shell casing to turn the set screw above the trigger 90 degrees counter clockwise to release the slide forward. when reassembled the set screw
will reset to the locked position by just racking the slide.

nano3.jpg

The Nano is slightly shorter than a G26 and maybe a 1/16 of an inch longer in the grip but being a single stack it is much thinner and feels a lot better carried IWB.

Nano5.jpg

Neat feature of the Nano is that the serialized portion of the gun is the trigger assembly, this can be removed from the grip by knocking out 3 pins. I guess Beretta will be offering different grip sizes,
colors and the sky is the limit I'd assume. Could get expensive as Beretta charges a good bit for accessories but it'll be interesting to see what becomes available.

Nano4.jpg

Very happy with my purchase and would definitely recommend this as a primary conceal carry weapon. Forgot to mention that the Nano is DA only, long trigger pull but nothing that I didn't get used to
in about 10 rounds.

Thanks for looking,

Alan

I've been looking at these for daily carry and have heard a lot of good things. Stopped by the local shop and took a closer look this past weekend and I have to agree it was comfortable. Price is more than reasonable but I am trying to decide between a Nano, CM9 and G26. Thanks for the review.

Bought a Nano this weekend at Chuck's Gun and Pawn in Warner Robbins, GA.
Alan
Nice review...thanks Big_Al

I've been looking at these for daily carry and have heard a lot of good things. Stopped by the local shop and took a closer look this past weekend and I have to agree it was comfortable. Price is more than reasonable but I am trying to decide between a Nano, CM9 and G26. Thanks for the review.
I put 50 flawless rounds through a Nano on Friday and was very pleased with both the feel and the performance. I'd say it compares most closely to the CM9 which is the 'apples to apples' comparison. Making a decision on the Nano vs. a G26 is a personal decision but it's really 'apples to oranges', sort of like deciding between .45 and 9mm.

The Nano is just slightly heavier than the CM9 and about the same width. Both are easily pocket-able if that's your preference. I really like that the sights on the Nano are user windage adjustable or replaceable with an allen wrench but I missed the slide release. The G26 is heavier and wider and as I said is really in a different category with it's own strengths.

I think the Nano will do very well but in my opinion it won't make the CM9 or PM9 obsolete.

Big Al - Great review. Thanks.
Smiley - I recently went to the gun shop to purchase a CM9, and walked out with the CW9. In handling the two pistols (CM9 and CW9), the slightly longer grip of the CW9 felt better in my hand. For me - the CW9 allows the pinky finger to hold the grip instead of tucking in under the bottom of the magazine, as I had to do with the CM9.

I traded a pistol I had for a PM9 and couldn't be happier. Nice little carry piece, but if I were buying new the Nano would have been top choice for the price.

Back
Top Bottom