• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Beretta 96

tylerdurden

Hen of Fame Supporter
ODT Junkie!
172   0
Reaction score
Beretta 96. 40. cal version of the 92 / M9

This is an awesome gun. I love it. Beretta is a great company and from all I have seen produces excellet firearms.

The pros:
Nices full grip.
Has safety that functions as a decock.
Great placement of controls
reversable mag drop for leftys
decently simple dissambly
LONG barrel make for very accurate shooting.
Very minor recoil for a 40.
Looks awesome

The cons:
on the heavy side, not very comfortable to carry around
the one I have only holds 10 rds. (not sure if they make high cap mag... they probably do)
not very easy to find accessories
has thumb safety (could be a pro for some people)
Sights are better for short range shooting (gaps on each side when looking down them) Im sure you can find better sights online tho.
cant conceal it unless you are very determined to carry heavy metal in your pants

great piece i wasnt a fan really for awhile but i broke down and got one and i love it i am a big guy and like the larger grips but i see how smaller handed people would not like them

I have a 92sf and someone gave me a great hint for it. Get a 1911 23lb mainspring and swap it out with the stock one. This will make that first trigger pull (the long one) much nicer and will make the rest even more crisp. I did it and noticed a difference right off the bat! Very easy to change out also, the spring is only like 3 bucks so well worth it.

I traded mine last fall. Dumb. It was a great gun. I also had a few 13 round magazines for it I believe. It was given to me by a cop friend and it was shot a lot. The long term plan is to get a 92 next. Just to match the military caliber.

But the 96 is a great shooter. I also had a kel tec 2000 that took the 96 magazines.

Back
Top Bottom