• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Benelli Nova

sinac84

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
187   0
Reaction score
This is my attempt at a review of the Benelli Nova shotgun 26" barrel, 12 gauge.

I have owned this shotgun for about 2 months now. I have put about 700+ rounds through it so far. I bought it from Basspro for about $430 out the door.

First impressions is that this shotgun looks way different than most other pumps out there. Lots of polymer. The buttstock is built into the receiver. The action is very fast and very smooth once you get about 100 rounds through it. It is balanced pretty well for a low end shotgun. This shotgun fit me pretty much perfect right out of the box. It comes with a big red fiber optic front sight which is nice.

Take down is super easy. Probably the easiest out there to be honest. Unscrew the magazine nut, remove barrel, pop out trigger pins on receiver, pull trigger assembly out, squeeze the bolt and pull it out, and the front grip slides out. VERY EASY. Cool thing is because of the design, the Nova doesn't get dirty inside the receiver that much. The barrel does, but I found myself just needing to clean the barrel over 100+ rounds, receiver was spotless. Gotta love that.

Recoil is very managable. You can get a recoil reducer that fits into the buttstock (the Benelli Super Nova's come with them standard) but its really not necessary for regular clay shooting or small game. 2 3/4 00buck shot is like a #6 game load.

The Nova is super accurate as well. I have no issues with how it patterned on the patterning board. If I aim at it, it gets shot. This shotgun really gives you confedence when shooting sporting clays and skeet. I haven't done any trap yet but plan on it soon.

I would highly recommend this shotgun over the 870 express or any mossberg pump for that matter. Its a get deal for a fine shotgun. I plan on hunting and doing skeet, trap, and sporting clays with this shotgun so its very much a work horse.

same good experience. got mine almost new for a little over 300 on the ODT. shot about 100 rds in a sporting clay outing and it ran perfectly. the shooter on the other hand was questionable...

Back
Top Bottom