• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Benchmade vs microtech

Microtech IMO makes a better OTF that Benchmade does....this doesn't count the BM autocrat since it's new. So for OTF I would recommend going the MT route. The Dark Angel series from Protech is also a good alternative if you don't mind a manual retract.

I have 4 MT OTF and had 2 BM OTF which I both sold.
What makes it better

Serious question , I think better is a way more subjective position and to be fair I’m hard pressed to think microtechs or Benchmade otfs are worth carrying

So far my 18 dollar outdoor edge and my spyderco manix (maybe 70 bucks) have fun be hell of an edge and are great for doing work with. The otfs are cool but they don’t fit your hand super great; lol it basically feels like a smaller version of the box it comes in

What makes it better
Serious question , I think better is a way more subjective position and to be fair I’m hard pressed to think microtechs or Benchmade otfs are worth carrying
So far my 18 dollar outdoor edge and my spyderco manix (maybe 70 bucks) have fun be hell of an edge and are great for doing work with. The otfs are cool but they don’t fit your hand super great; lol it basically feels like a smaller version of the box it comes in
You said it, best :pound:

Btw; spyderco beats them both
This...

But as far as OTF's? I'd say MT over the infidel, but maybe not the autocrat, I dig the idea of a G10 frame.

Not a fan of how difficult it can be to get the exact setup of how you want a MT, as far as color, blade steel, etc. Last two times I've had the cash to throw down on one, my preferred layout is not in stock or being made, and my impatient a** just buys more ammo and mags.

I honestly like the look of the Guardian Tactical OTF's too though.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This...

But as far as OTF's? I'd say MT over the infidel, but maybe not the autocrat, I dig the idea of a G10 frame.

Not a fan of how difficult it can be to get the exact setup of how you want a MT, as far as color, blade steel, etc. Last two times I've had the cash to throw down on one, my preferred layout is not in stock or being made, and my impatient a** just buys more ammo and mags.

I honestly like the look of the Guardian Tactical OTF's too though.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The Guardian Tacticals have smoother actions than MT. They are top notch. Heretic Knives are awesome too...

What makes it better

Do you want to know how I know Mt makes the best OTF?

Ask 95% of knife makers what they think about Anthony and then ask who makes the best out the front knife.

Anthony is a total **** stick, people hate him but hands down 9-10 makers will tell you he makes the best OTF. That should tell you something.

Try it at Blade.

Do you want to know how I know Mt makes the best OTF?

Ask 95% of knife makers what they think about Anthony and then ask who makes the best out the front knife.

Anthony is a total **** stick, people hate him but hands down 9-10 makers will tell you he makes the best OTF. That should tell you something.

Try it at Blade.

Yeah I keep hearing the owner is a total tool lol

Back
Top Bottom