• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Beginnings of my reloading area

You'd be surprised. I used OfferUp/Letgo and found a New a 50L GE Dehumidifier for $40. Most of my basement is finished aside from the laundry roof across a hall and that drafts right in from a crawl space.. For me it was a must, I generally try & keep it @ 45-55% 65-75ish℉ or cooler. I empty the water bin every other day, if not in there or at the end of a session.

You can always keep your primers and powders else where in the house or even in cabinets/boxes with desiccants. But you still might end up with surface rust on dies/equipment depending. Just something to think about, Ebay Hygrometer's Pretty Cheap way to keep an eye on it

You'd be surprised. I used OfferUp/Letgo and found a New a 50L GE Dehumidifier for $40. Most of my basement is finished aside from the laundry roof across a hall and that drafts right in from a crawl space.. For me it was a must, I generally try & keep it @ 45-55% 65-75ish℉ or cooler. I empty the water bin every other day, if not in there or at the end of a session.

You can always keep your primers and powders else where in the house or even in cabinets/boxes with desiccants. But you still might end up with surface rust on dies/equipment depending. Just something to think about, Ebay Hygrometer's Pretty Cheap way to keep an eye on it

I think I may invest in a hygrometer as I really have no idea if it’s “humid” down there or not. Thanks for the insight

AwPtsVHvQw2oo8T%dTy%hw.jpg
b60pZeesTXOW8AvA4nJYEg.jpg

Whats a guy to do that doesn't have a press yet? Well...setup an area...get your tumbler delivered...steal your wife's "used once 4 years ago dehydrator" and start manually banging out primers pre-cleaning. I'm going to pull the trigger on a press this week I believe...and then play the waiting game for it to be delivered.

I received my hygrometer/thermometer today...70 degrees w/ 64% humidity...too high?

View attachment 2887101 View attachment 2887102
Whats a guy to do that doesn't have a press yet? Well...setup an area...get your tumbler delivered...steal your wife's "used once 4 years ago dehydrator" and start manually banging out primers pre-cleaning. I'm going to pull the trigger on a press this week I believe...and then play the waiting game for it to be delivered.
Those glad lunch bowls/ food storage containers are always in short supply in my basement no matter how many I buy.

Back
Top Bottom