Beginnings of my reloading area

PewPewChris

Default rank <2000 posts
SpaceWrangler
2   0
Reaction score
fullsizeoutput_2318.jpeg
DcfKXG6RSfCHyxjdkYdX2w.jpg

I am starting to put together a little area in the unfinished section of my basement for reloading. I'm also trying to be as cost effective as I can on things like the table, etc. so I can put my $$$ towards a nice Dillon 550C. We had this well built table (my wife's old kitchen table from her first marriage that was sitting in our laundry room doing nothing but collecting dust) and I am going to use that as my "work bench". My only concern is the rounded edges of the table and the way the Dillon press appears to be shaped for securing to a table top. I assume I could just file/sand the section where the press is down flat and be fine...curious for others opinions.

I'd notch the front overhang out the width of the press so the back edge of the press sits up against the apron of the table. Then to further strengthen to distribute the flex load I'd put a piece of 3/4" plywood or a metal plate underneath the table and bolt through the press, table and reinforcing plate. Just my $.02

I know you're trying to save a few bucks but the other option is to just put another slightly larger 'top' over the existing one and bolt them together. Would add some rigidity and give you the right angles.

That's not a bad idea at all...let's face it...even if I order the press today, they are 8 - 12 weeks out from delivery...so I've got time to ponder lol

Back
Top Bottom