• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Beer Brewing

I did it years ago also. You can grow cascade hops I georgia very easily.

Best brew I ever made was when I let it secondly ferment in the bottles for about 2-3 months. Smoothest amber beer in my life. Great head, like ambrosia.

Apfelwein is easy to make and doesn't take very long to make.

Mine was made with Publix 1 Gallon apple juice, 2 cups sugar and a pack of Fleichmanns bread yeast. You can use Champagne yeast, bread yeast is at the store however.

I fermented it right in the gallon jug. I ran an air line (1/4in. hot tub tubing) off the cap into a homemade airlock bubbler and let it ferment. It went for about 8-10 days and stopped bubbling and I "racked" it off and put in new container. There was a lot of dead yeast and sediment in the bottom. The transferred wine was pretty clear, but it cleared up even more sitting in the fridge for a couple days.

This stuff is STRONG! It will sneak up on you as well. It goes down pretty easy like apple juice, but will hurt you if'n you ain't careful.

I brewed beer for a couple of years but then stopped (keezer needed to be used for meat!). In the next 2 months I plan to get back into it and brew a few.

made some good brown ales but mostly IPA's. Also did a really good red IPA (Red Tail Hawk IPA) and a bunch of clones and versions of them (i.e. combining the recipe for Purple Haze and Magic Hat #9 to create my "Magic Haze". Did a good hefeweizen as well and a few others..

Was going to make burboun, then found out the big boys keep the scaredy cats out with all the federal regs.
I think i will look into wine.

Fixed that for ya

I did it years ago also. You can grow cascade hops I georgia very easily.

Best brew I ever made was when I let it secondly ferment in the bottles for about 2-3 months. Smoothest amber beer in my life. Great head, like ambrosia.

I made a beer many years ago where I secondary fermented with brown sugar. That **** was so damned good and an alcohol content that made it seem like nitrous to boot. My moms boyfriend kept buying me really expensive beer to trade for it.

Back
Top Bottom