• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Been Hooked?

Yeah. Happens pretty frequently. These trebles now a days are stupid sharp. I caught a 2lbsh spot a couple weeks ago that buried that bandit treble into my palm. The spot then proceeds to shake like he knows im hooked. My left hand has the fish and my right hand is attached to the corner of his mouth. I managed to somehow remove the hook from the fish, with my hooked palm. I was fishing alone. Once the fish was off , had to clear and cut the barb. Kept fishing. Same thing last year on the top of my hand. I had to cut the skin for the hook to come through. These bass hooks are relatively small. When you are salt fishing, things can be much worse.

Yeah. Happens pretty frequently. These trebles now a days are stupid sharp. I caught a 2lbsh spot a couple weeks ago that buried that bandit treble into my palm. The spot then proceeds to shake like he knows im hooked. My left hand has the fish and my right hand is attached to the corner of his mouth. I managed to somehow remove the hook from the fish, with my hooked palm. I was fishing alone. Once the fish was off , had to clear and cut the barb. Kept fishing. Same thing last year on the top of my hand. I had to cut the skin for the hook to come through. These bass hooks are relatively small. When you are salt fishing, things can be much worse.
I ain't braggin whatsoever , but that don't happen to me often. I gotta long pair of angled needle nose and another pair of straight ones for troubled fish. Again..Not Braggin

I ain't braggin whatsoever , but that don't happen to me often. I gotta long pair of angled needle nose and another pair of straight ones for troubled fish. Again..Not Braggin
‘Cause you know what happens when you go braggin’ on oneself !! Lol

Its ok to cry whatever age you are with a damn hook stuck through your finger

a guy I work with was fishing with his wife. She rared back to cast and caught his back. He was telling her to get it out. She wasn't strong enough to cut off the barb. He told her to just pull it out the way it went in. She said his skin was pulling out a couple of inches and she gave up. he had to drive his stick shift truck home with a hook in his back so his son could cut it out. He never realized how hard it is to push a clutch without putting your back to the seat.

a guy I work with was fishing with his wife. She rared back to cast and caught his back. He was telling her to get it out. She wasn't strong enough to cut off the barb. He told her to just pull it out the way it went in. She said his skin was pulling out a couple of inches and she gave up. he had to drive his stick shift truck home with a hook in his back so his son could cut it out. He never realized how hard it is to push a clutch without putting your back to the seat.
That made my back hurt just reading that story !

Owwwwwweeee!!!

My pliers weren’t long enough lol. Those dern spots are nuts. This one in particular was evil. I also have an acute allergy to all things medical.

Back
Top Bottom