• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bean Boots

How are the insoles in these, do they have much arch support? Are they removable?
is the tread sufficient to climb ridges in?
do they seem comfortable now that you’ve had them a few days?
Bean boots are not known for their arch support. You would need to take out the removable insert and replace it with a comfortable insole. They are designed to be worn while working in and around water and wet areas. The tread is designed to give traction in slippery conditions.

You would need this style boot to climb ridges…

CF103A67-9F4C-454B-B294-A8304D1B99D5.jpeg

Sadly, anything purchased new now only has a 1 year warranty. So, you only get a year before replacement costs you.
This is correct. The new CEO made the decision because many people would wear shoes and boots daily for years and keep sending them back for replacement without ever buying more from the store. Most employees disagreed with the decision though.

This is correct. The new CEO made the decision because many people would wear shoes and boots daily for years and keep sending them back for replacement without ever buying more from the store. Most employees disagreed with the decision though.
The exception to the new warranty terms is that they will honor the forever warranty on any item, purchased before the change, so long as you retain your proof of purchase.

These were purchased March of 1993. I was in high school and I promised my mom if she would buy them I would get her money’s worth. I know they have been resoled twice. They have been on years of stupid adventures. They are great for everything but wet oily concrete. Then the are slicker than owl poop

Attachments

• 85968B6A-65B7-497D-BEE8-098281706DF8.jpeg
    85968B6A-65B7-497D-BEE8-098281706DF8.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 14
  • CEC3CD08-2A03-49C2-B04E-E8FECECD587E.jpeg
    CEC3CD08-2A03-49C2-B04E-E8FECECD587E.jpeg
    138.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 58B1CCDF-867A-4807-9624-9670F1FABE29.jpeg
    58B1CCDF-867A-4807-9624-9670F1FABE29.jpeg
    118.9 KB · Views: 13
Is there a charge when they replace the lower part?
Yes.

i got hooks instead of eyes on mine (extra cost option) and they pull out over the years. They replace them too, for a small fee.

The bottoms are gum rubber, and they are going to wear out whether you wear them or not.

Replacing the bottoms is a lot cheaper than new boots, and your grandkids will be able to do it when you pass them on. As far as i know, with reasonable care, the tops never wear out.

1642870398821.png

Bean boots are not known for their arch support. You would need to take out the removable insert and replace it with a comfortable insole. They are designed to be worn while working in and around water and wet areas. The tread is designed to give traction in slippery conditions.

You would need this style boot to climb ridges…

View attachment 3901707

I'll add that the bottoms are gum rubber which is naturally grabby. I've walked across a lot slippery rocks. I don't know about serious ridge climbing, but I used to roam around Brasstown Bald in them.

Back
Top Bottom